Favorite brew atm.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxMan

Reaction score
So, not sure if this is the right place for this. Not even sure. But I'm drunk and I feel like rambling.

So, I'm going to keep myself short here

What is your absolute favorite brew atm, and perhaps why?

I've got two. And I'm probably too inebriated to type this out coherently.

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale.

Main reason? It's absolutely mother****ing delicious. I'd even venture to say that it's probably the first real "craft brew" I've ever had in my "adult" life. I've spent most of my time either on fake craft beers or imports that are owned by the "big guys", or mostly drinking imports that are magically delicious. Also, it tastes just as delicious at nearly room temp as it does ice cold. I do get on a kick where I'll only drink a version of Sam Adams, but I broke myself of that a while back.

Angry Orchard Apple Ginger.

Why? It tastes amazing. It tastes like Halloween. Crisp, cidery, gingery, and it just tastes "fun". I'm a little leery about the fact that it's released under a "phantom name", or whatever you'd call it, but it's released by Boston Beer Co. I love Sam Adams, and Jim Koch seems like a pretty cool guy, so I'm not going to get too upset about this. But seeing how the "big guys" do this same thing, it seems kind of questionable.

Well, I can't type. so that's that.

What's your favorite brew atm?

I didn't know you could get beer out of an ATM.

What the f is a "atm"?

I'm digging oatmeal stouts right now. Had an IPA yesterday and wasn't even liking it due to I'm so far on the stout kick.

I'm trying to embrace the pumpkin beer. But I just have to say, "ICK!"

I'm still on an IPA kick. I bet it'll pass. Maybe not soon, as I've been on an IPA kick since about 2007.

I also find pumpkin beers disgusting. Pumpkin lattes I like but not a fan of pumpkin pie spices in beer - turns my stomach.

I'm still on an IPA kick. I bet it'll pass. Maybe not soon, as I've been on an IPA kick since about 2007.

I'm with you, Yooper. Pumpkin beer is f*ckin' gross. I loosely adhere to the German Purity law. And by loosely I mean no fruit, vegetables, peanut butter, bacon or anything else unsavory in my beer! I like barley, hops and yeast the best.

BTW, anyone see the thread about the "tomato beer". Oh boy....

same here, i have never had one but i really don't care for pumpkin pie and that what i imagine it tastes like

I don't usually have a particular favorite beer or style. But I do love Bells Two Hearted for an IPA. Lately I've been on a light beer kick. Generally I like to keep things mixed up. Some days I just want a nice roasty stout, other days a light blonde or pale ale, often an American IPA, etc.

Probably my all time favorite is Bells HOPSLAM. Tastes SO good. Too many hops, but not too bitter. And I feel all happy and stuff after just one.

Wait. I also always enjoy a Bells Oberon, especially when it first comes out in the spring. But really just about any time I can get it.

Founders KBS is pretty damn good too though. Maybe right up there with hopslam.

Hell, I don't know...

Back