Faulty Brewer / Foam out of tap on 12 PSI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surly_goat

Hop Head
Reaction score
I appear to really suck at pouring my pale ale an i'm not sure why. I had to shift things around about a week ago in side the kegerator and after a hard knock i was getting foam. This did not really surpirse me all that much.

What is killing me is that a week later sitting next to my double IPA on the same regulator, DIPA pours like magic, pale ale still pouring foam. I Turned off the gas, purged it, and let it sit without co2 and gave it just barely enough to pour so it could equalize. The output hose on the keg alternates liquid and foam when i look at it pour. The pours settle out quickly and lose the head. It also doesn't quite taste right, i'm pretty sure i'm imagining it but i wanna say excessive carbonic acid.

Reg at 12 PSI, Kegerator at 2c. I know its a little low but my pint is at 10c and i poured it 3 minutes ago. A Fresh pint usually rolls out around 2c, but thats another mystery.

What do you mean by "hard knock" and what did you hit? Maybe something came loose or cracked that is causing the CO2 stir up when you pour.

Also, if you hooked that keg up to another tap, do you still get foam? That would at least rule out the beer as being the culprit.

Lines are 6 feet but i flow control faucets. I mean a solid jostle, pick up and drop from a foot basically. The keg ranout out before i figured out why and the next one is pouring perfect on the same tap.

Somethings i guess we will never find out. lol

Back