• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Faucets and shanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good to know, thanks for the heads up. I just got my kegging system setup after starting to brew again, I haven't been able to since I joined the military almost 2 years ago. Now I'm finally in a position to start brewing again.

Be aware brands don't mix. In other words Intertap items don't work with Perlick and Perlick items don't work with Intertap. I prefer Perlick. Get SS shaft matching the faucet brand.
This is probably sage advice but in my experience shanks are shanks. You cannot mix pieces of one with another, and be especially carefull if you have flow control.
My shanks (stainless steel) fit all standard faucets.

To op- scroll down the for sale thread. i saw shanks for sale like 2 days or so ago. Faucets below that.

If you're still looking for shanks and faucets I have a box full of 3 shanks and faucets... and a ton of spare parts... they are all used but in great shape... I was going to build a keezer but found a killer deal on a great kegerator so just bought that instead... I could pull it all out and take pics ... let me know.

Stainless is the way to go, shanks, faucets, tailpieces, the whole bit.

A while back I was cleaning my faucets and lines and pulled a couple things apart to check. I had a mix of stainless and plated stuff. Here's a pic showing the difference. As you might expect, I immediately bought stainless shanks and tailpieces to replace the corroded ones.

shankcorrosion1.jpg

This is why I wrote not all shanks work with all faucets. Intertap self closing faucet uses a spring.

http://www.morebeer.com/products/intertap-beer-faucet-parts-selfclosing-spring.html

Not all shanks may work with the spring/faucet. Best to get the recommended shank (always SS) for the faucet (always SS).

Great point! I forgot Intertap kind of created their own.
Other than that, i have ordered stainless shanks from several suppliers and always had great luck. My keezer build needed super long shanks and i was limited.

The spring doesn’t work without the inter tap shank, but the faucets work on standard shanks

Back