Faucet dismantling cleaning & reassembly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterlonz

Reaction score
It was about ime I gave my 6 empty kegs, lines & faucet a thorough clean.
I have until now just cleaned out with loads of hot water run through the lines & fortunately I have had no problems.
Looking for a convenient " best practice" approach I commenced with a caustic proprietary cleaner marketed as Keg & Line cleaner.
This is stuff for another thread because I certainly did not find this product to be of any practical value.
I have read here & elsewhere that occasionally one should clean the faucet because they tend to accumulate crud that rarely can be flushed out without dismantling.
OK so I unscrew my faucet from the fitting which is mounted through the wall of my fridge. Needed a hex wrench for this although it was not tight.
As I free the faucet ...... SPRONG........ out shoots some components that I did not know were present.
Located on the floor I found a spring & white nylon like shuttle body.
Assuming there are no other parts that I did not find; I ask what the hell are these components & what function do they serve?
It's apparent that they have little to do with on/off faucet action.
Reassembly was by guesswork (with plenty of "advice" from my wife) but the faucet appears to work as it always did.
The brand of faucet is "ANDALE" it's the pump up/down lever style.

Can anyone please help with advice about the function of these parts & if possible advice on the correct reassembly (in case my guess is wrong).

Now interestingly I phoned several of the LHBS in my area:
1) Can't help have never pulled one apart & don't recognise the brand.
2) You should have phoned me first, I would have said leave it alone, I have had other customers who could not get things back together........ Laughing.
3) Yes good idea to clean occasionally, I don't know the brand, if you bring in the bits I may be able to help but do not know what the bits actually do.

I find this relative ignorance & obvious deliberate avoidance of an effective cleaning procedure to be remarkable.

Comment help Please.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back