Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, I'm winning? How? LT's kicking ass, and my wideouts and RBs only scored once today. What the hell are the scores?

I'm dropping my $9.99 next year, that's for sure...

Meanwhile with that last FG the Jews have come back from around 16pts down to tie me. GRRR! Knowing my luck Manning'l throw three INT's tomorrow and then break HIS legs, thus sinking the Gipper. :mad:

Tomorrow night will be a fun game, we ought to be in arena-league territory before all is said and done. I bet Payton bounces back from last week's disaster. My fear is that Indy's run defense is so bad, the Bengals will score eight TDs but they'll all be runs from Rudi Johnson.

Besides, I don't want to hear about YOUR QB issues. I've had negative points from the QB spot three or four times this year, plus another two or three weeks with +1 or +2. :D

the_bird said:
Besides, I don't want to hear about YOUR QB issues. I've had negative points from the QB spot three or four times this year, plus another two or three weeks with +1 or +2. :D

Hey I offered you Green, but noooooo........:D

Yeah, he would have been such an improvement this week... :rolleyes:

I still can't believe they didn't keep Huard in as the starter. What part of 11-TD, 1-INT is so tough for Edwards to understand?

NOTE TO SELF:

"With the first pick in the 2007 HBT Fantasy Football Draft, Even_More_Brushi! selects LADAINIAN TOMLINSON, of the Kansas City Chiefs."

So, both playoff games are tied going into tonight's action... very odd.

P Funk, my friend, methinks you may be in for a little bit of trouble tonight; not sure I'd want to be wagering on Peyton putting up negative points tonight. As to me, I need the "over"; Indy to score lots of points to hurt Cinci's D, and Palmer to hook up with Johnson and Henry all night. No field goals!

Should be a great game...

the_bird said:
NOTE TO SELF:

"With the first pick in the 2007 HBT Fantasy Football Draft, Even_More_Brushi! selects LADAINIAN TOMLINSON, of the Kansas City Chiefs."

Sorry... I've already claimed him (and Steve Smith).

edit: wait.... he's playing for the chiefs next year?

can someone remind me how much beer we're sending to 1st, 2nd, and last place?

Bird, I'm going to wait to mail your other beer in case you win or place.

the_bird said:
NOTE TO SELF:

Um, doesn't LT play for San Diego, or did some clairvoyant tell you he was getting traded?

the_bird said:
You know, I was fully expecting to be matched up with P-Funk in Week 16, but I was kinda thinking it would be for 1st place, not third... :mad:

Tough break in the world of FFB.

I had such a weird year with my teams. In 5 leagues, I finished last or second to last in 3 of them, and in 2 of them I play in the championship game this weekend. Almost identical teams in all leagues.

I did learn one thing this year--I will NEVER draft the Madden poster boy again. I had Shaun Alexander in the 3 leagues this year. :( That curse is for real.

Anywho, for those of you who will be receiving homebrew from me - I have an altbier that will be ready in about three weeks time. I took a sample when I bottled this weekend, and methinks this will be a VERY tasty beverage. So, I'm going to wait a couple weeks to make sure that is good before sending, I'd rather send that than something which is getting a little aged. Stockpiles have run low, anyway.

Can I say, too, that I'm still a little perturbed that playing for the championship is a team with a starting wideout who's been hurt for two or three weeks? Do I sound bitter at all? ;)

the_bird said:
Can I say, too, that I'm still a little perturbed that playing for the championship is a team with a starting wideout who's been hurt for two or three weeks? Do I sound bitter at all? ;)

I assume you're talking about the Sailors, and if so I can't say that I blame you only because he hasn't updated his team but once or twice all year. If he didn't have LT he would've been lucky to win one game all year. Speaking of luck, I feel DAMN lucky to be in the final. I didn't feel confident of even making the playoffs until the clock ran out on the regular season. I have a feeling this is it for me, though. LT is on such a roll I don't think my guys will have enough. :(

the_bird said:
Anywho, for those of you who will be receiving homebrew from me - I have an altbier that will be ready in about three weeks time. I took a sample when I bottled this weekend, and methinks this will be a VERY tasty beverage. So, I'm going to wait a couple weeks to make sure that is good before sending, I'd rather send that than something which is getting a little aged. Stockpiles have run low, anyway.

Can I assume from this post that even though I know I will at least have some beer coming in that I will still be sending some out? I wasn't quite sure how that part worked.:confused:

Yeah, you're guaranteed at least two homebrews, I would think; you're in the Championship game. Pretty sure that P Funk and I are battling for the third place trophy and its single homebrew, although Yahoo!'s done some weird things with how the games have worked (like teams that were tied lower in the standings battling this last week, rather than just having their orders determined by point totals).

ablrbrau said:
I assume you're talking about the Sailors, and if so I can't say that I blame you only because he hasn't updated his team but once or twice all year. If he didn't have LT he would've been lucky to win one game all year. Speaking of luck, I feel DAMN lucky to be in the final. I didn't feel confident of even making the playoffs until the clock ran out on the regular season. I have a feeling this is it for me, though. LT is on such a roll I don't think my guys will have enough. :(

It is very unfortunate and because of that, he'll not be invited back next year. I hope you kick his ass. And FWIW, LT might get limited playing time this week, he hurt his jaw in the last game.

Got one of my Christmas presents early. SWMBO thought I should have it for the Packer game last night. She was actually tearing up when she gave it to me, she knew how badly I wanted it. This girl would do anything for me.

This is SO awesome. :rockin:

636-batteredhands.jpg

Holy craps. You see the stats for the Atlanta-Carolina game (hope you didn't watch it).

Chris Weinke *finally* won a start - completing FOUR of SEVEN passes, for 32 friggin' yards. Has a winning QB EVER thrown that few passes, being the only QB for his team?

My god...

the_bird said:
Holy craps. You see the stats for the Atlanta-Carolina game (hope you didn't watch it).

Chris Weinke *finally* won a start - completing FOUR of SEVEN passes, for 32 friggin' yards. Has a winning QB EVER thrown that few passes, being the only QB for his team?

My god...

This has been a very strange NFL season.

What's worse? I have to root for the Vikes to win next week so the Packers can get the last playoff spot. Now where did my braids go????? :D

Giants are finally out of it. Sweet! Growing up a Bears fan in NJ, the Giants fans were usually the jerks. The Jets were always bad so I've always liked them and their fans.

the_bird said:

My god...
A force weaker than the Panthers offense exists...the Falcons defense. "Okay, guys, we're gonna run it up the gut at ya and then we're going to do it again! Dare you to stop us!"

Rivers had a pretty weak night for a winning QB, but that '2' under the TD column helped a lot (especially that last one...).

55-60. Now I gotta beg the football gods for Miami's D to have a good game. WTF was with Barber at the goal line? Four chances to go 1/2 yard and he can't do it. Everybody runs well against Philly! If he punches that through it's game over! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!Merry frickin' Christmas!!!!:mad:

Not this league, but I finally won my first championships in FFB! I actually won it all in 2 of my leagues. The other 3 leagues, well, 2 lasts and the third I missed the playoffs because of a tie. :D

I drafted both of the teams that won, so I'm happy. My two lasts were autopick leagues. :rolleyes: Autopick sucks. Although I did win some potential fine beer from one of those leagues...... :D

C'm D! one more sack & I'll be a lot happier!

BTW Dude- I've always done autopick & have usually done fairly well- FWIW I think it's a horse apiece...........

ablrbrau said:
C'm D! one more sack & I'll be a lot happier!

BTW Dude- I've always done autopick & have usually done fairly well- FWIW I think it's a horse apiece...........

I think autopick sucks. It is more satisfying for me to say I won with players I picked after my hard work of researching for the season.

The one league I missed the playoffs in because of the tie was a draft by me as well--but I drafted Shaun Alexander and went into a 5 game slide when he and McNabb got hurt. The **** hit the fan for me in that one. :( That was a killer team. I started 6 and 0.

Back