false-bottom on MoreBeer mash-tun too low

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herman2011

Reaction score
I recently purchased a MoreBeer 26gal mash-tun and noticed the false-bottom sits too low to clear the valve opening. The legs are just too short. Anyone else using these mash-tuns and observed the same thing? I could put a fitting in that valve-port for something to rest the false-bottom on or if I fiddle with it just right I can get it to rest on the weld but these solutions seem kind of cheesy. Am I missing something here?

DSC_7463_MED-RES.jpg

I have the 15 gallon more beer pot and my false bottom clears the outlet so I think your pot is off. Call them, they will definitely fix the problem. They are a good company.

Agree with the above. Did you order online, or pick it up from one of the showrooms? Your location lists you as San Diego... might be worth the drive to Riverside to show it to them. I happen to live near the Concord store and the guys there are amazing. They will definitely take care of you.

They have been very responsive in sending me a replacement... and then another... I have three of these now at my house, and all three of them have the same issue. Their customer-support says to just let the false-bottom catch on the weld to keep it above the valve opening. I think the weight of the grain would just push it down but they say it won't. Too bad because I like this size. Not sure why the design on this has to cut it so close. Just drill the valve hole 1/4" lower or make the legs on the false-bottom 1/4" longer.

Back