Fall rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandyeggoxj

Reaction score
I allegedly dug up some neomex rhizome recently. What should I do with them? It is still 70 here during the day and not freezing at night. Should I drop them in some dirt for a month or so and then force them into dormancy? They are big and healthy rhizomes.

FWIW, my very confused centennials have started growing again. They went dormant up north and then I hauled them south into the desert. And now they are freakin' growing again. That is going to be a problem, I think. But that is a different discussion.

From everything I have read/been told, you can just plant them and they will winter just fine.

Sweet. Well I put them in their pots a few days ago. There is a small chance they are all male rhizomes... That could pose some issues. But maybe they will open pollinate with cascade and willamette just fine. We will see if they put up any shoots this fall. They might.

Back