Fairy liquid not too good in beer!!! Who else has a ruined beer tale to tell?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mumathomebrew

Reaction score
So, I'm ratting on my husband... I've just spent two hours preparing a lovely one gallon cream of three crops wort as a likely candidate for a competition entry idea.... and he's just watched me change the water in the sink twice to cool it down.... so what happens next? ...

He washes up his dinner plate in the sink, complete with sudsy fairy liquid as he just wasn't thinking it was anything other than dirty water. Nice bubbles in this batch. Too funny. Don't think we'll be entering this one eh?

Anyone got any other tales of ruined beers by silly accidents to cheer him up?

Cut your losses and dump the bloke...just kidding,,, sort of. {; Give him a choice of two/three hours deep cleaning in house, or some other chore you don't like or take you out to dinner or something.

Most everyone who brews screws up at some point. Next time you'll put it aside & out of reach of his blundering mits.

I broke a stick thermometer in a keg of beer once. Most of the info on the net says they're filled with alcohol and are not toxic. It's not correct - most of the below freezing to above boiling ones have kerosene in them. I only got a couple of drops in the keg but it ruined the beer.

Back