*Facepalm*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy of mine used to work for a tour company in Alaska, and had these for us:

Lady: My it is beautiful up here. What elevation are we at?
Buddy: Well being that this is a boat…sea level, <looks over edge> maybe 4 feet to be exact

<While on a whale watch>
Guy: So where do you keep the whales when you not giving tours?
Buddy: What?
Guy: Do you keep them penned in near the docks, or is there a cage under the boat?
Buddy: Uhhhh, no…their wild.
Guy: huh.

Lady: So when do the deer grow up and turn into Moose? Is it the same as going through puberty?
Buddy: Uhhhhh
Captain of boat: Nothing to do with age, it has to do with the altitude they reach up in the mountains.
Lady: That’s so interesting…

HAHAHAHAHA If those are true then that would cause me to facepalm so hard I would fall down to brazil (since it is lower altitude than WA).

Also overheard from an Ohio tourist in Alaska after the guide explained that the moose drop their antlers every year: "So how come you all ain't up to your necks in them big-a@@ antlers then?"

passedpawn said:
Funny wife things:

We got new custom envelopes, with our return address pre-printed on them. She folded one up, stuck it in an envelope, and sent to her dad. Probably could have just sent the one she folded. Duh.

She thought a lunar eclipse was when the sun passed between the Earth and the moon.

Still, after all these years, she turns the video camera sideways to frame tall subjects in portrait mode. Video turned this way is hard to watch on the TV.

She said there was a weird rattling noise that occasionally came from inside her car. I never heard it, but I took it in for her. The mechanic found her lost cell phone, on vibrate, in the car door pocket.

Same mechanic fixed her car's CD player. He asked me how two identical CDs from some pop star got stuck in there together. Identical CDs. Wife says that when the first CD stopped "working" in the player, she bought another and just jambed it in there with the first one.

I could go on and on. I love her, so I facepalm after I leave the room.

Thats more than a facepalm sir.

Back