Facepalm moment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZBeerNut

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thought you home cooks would enjoy this with me...

I'm doing a one gallon batch of a new recipe... so I'm in a pot on the stove.

Well... um... whenever I'm boiling for pasta (often), I add a dash of salt to the water...

Yeah...... added salt to my wort...... it was an automatic movement.

Brew day shifted to tomorrow......

Sigh.

Still gonna drink beer, of course... :mug:

Gose is a style brewed with salt! Just had one and the salt isn't really there in the flavor, just kinda adds a little something. You could have had a weird Gose-esque style!

As a brewer of many miscalculated mistakes and numb skull moments, I appreciate this post.

It was a good three finger pinch of ground sea salt from a bowl. In a 1 gallon batch, that was sure to be noticed. You're right...... should've boiled pasta in the wort to see what happens! Alas, I dumped it immediately. Well... immediately after cursing. :)

Haha that reminds me of when my mom once by accident grabbed the salt instead of the sugar for a pie.

So, you added a few more ppm of sodium and a few more ppm of chloride to your wort. I wouldn't sweat it.

I would still have gone through the motions. I commonly add a dash of salt to my glass of beer.

Back