extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
does anyone have any real good extract recipes I look through the recipe page and a lot of them are all grain.I'm not ready for all grain brewing yet. But want to vary from the kits. I would like to use a light malt extract. also not sure on yeast, dme, hops, and grain. we would like to do a double IPA or single IPA. would like to get the alcohol 7 -9 percent alcohol and IBUS would like them pretty hoppy. Any help u guys can give will be greatly appreciated thx donny

does anyone have any real good extract recipes I look through the recipe page and a lot of them are all grain.I'm not ready for all grain brewing yet. But want to vary from the kits. I would like to use a light malt extract. also not sure on yeast, dme, hops, and grain. we would like to do a double IPA or single IPA. would like to get the alcohol 7 -9 percent alcohol and IBUS would like them pretty hoppy. Any help u guys can give will be greatly appreciated thx donny

Many (not all) of the recipes in the “RECIPE” forums will have an extract version listed several posts into the thread... you just have to scroll through to find it. If you’re wanting to move away from kits, a brewing program like BeerSmith or the like is almost essential for recipe creation/modification.
Sláinte

What size of batch will you be brewing?

The Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale recipe in the recipes section has an extract version. Everyone should brew this one at least once.

Missed your desire for a 7-9% beer, the Haus is much lower, though you could boost fermentables and hops for something similiar. Hard to go wrong with an all cascade brew and that bill.

Look around some IPA threads to pick up malt bills used, and more importantly, process and techniques.

IPA malt bills are fairly simple, it's the selection, amounts, and timing of hop additions that make the difference. Boil, late boil, flameout, whirlpool/hopstand at various temps, dry hop.
If you're not doing full boils, you do need to think about doing them. And be able to chill the lot fairly quickly.

Prevent air (O2) exposure once fermentation has started. Oxidation kills hop sensation quickly. Don't do secondaries.

Give this list a look....
https://danshomebrewing.wordpress.com/recipes/

Latest posts

Back