Extract kit for a watered down urine sample.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDGator

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Most of my friends drink coors light, bud, and other watered down urine samples. So i was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a beer simular to the listed above.

To be honest, i'm glad they don't like my IPA's and Stouts. More for me!!

Thanks

I made something like that using 2-row, corn sugar, a few northdown hops and us-05 for the yeast. Oh, you said extract...

That's fairly insulting for a beer recipe. A bud light clone would be very hard to make, and for someone to share a good recipe calling it a "watered down urine sample" might not be all that encouraging.

I have a good all-grain recipe posted, but I can't convert it into urine, sorry!

That's fairly insulting for a beer recipe. A bud light clone would be very hard to make, and for someone to share a good recipe calling it a "watered down urine sample" might not be all that encouraging.

I have a good all-grain recipe posted, but I can't convert it into urine, sorry!

I convert all of my brews into urine....

I convert all of my brews into urine....

Good point! Thanks for making me laugh! :D

Seriously, if you're an expert brewer with lagering capabilities, you wouldn't call a good recipe a "urine sample".

A good light lager is incredibly difficult to make well. To be disparging of it without even trying one may be mistake!

A stout is a piece of cake.

There are lots and lots of recipes in the recipe database, and divided up already by "lagers", "ales" and "hyrbids". If you don't have good lagering capabilities, then a "hyrbid" may be the way to go if you can ferment at under 64F or so.

Good point! Thanks for making me laugh! :D

Seriously, if you're an expert brewer with lagering capabilities, you wouldn't call a good recipe a "urine sample".

A good light lager is incredibly difficult to make well. To be disparging of it without even trying one may be mistake!

A stout is a piece of cake.

There are lots and lots of recipes in the recipe database, and divided up already by "lagers", "ales" and "hyrbids". If you don't have good lagering capabilities, then a "hyrbid" may be the way to go if you can ferment at under 64F or so.

I'm not an expert in anything brewing related. Still very much a newbie here. I'm still playing around with different styles to figure out what I like.

I need to find a good place to sample many different styles. I haven't made an undrinkable brew yet.... though only 3 are ready to drink.

Sorry if i offended anyone with my "watered down urine sample" comment. it was a joke. If i were an expert brewer i'd likely not make extract beers and highly doubt i would be on here asking for advice.

My question was "does anyone have a simple extract kit to make one of the big commercial beers? Ie bud, coors, busch, canadian....

JDGator said:
Sorry if i offended anyone with my "watered down urine sample" comment. it was a joke. If i were an expect brewer i'd likely not make extract beers and highly doubt i would be on here asking for advice.

My question was "does anyone have a simple extract kit to make one of the big commercial beers? Ie bud, coors, busch, canadian....

You might try a simple blonde ale. It's been a long time since I made an extract batch, so my numbers may be off here, but maybe something like this would work:

6 lbs extra light DME
0.5 oz of Willamette hops (60 min)
Ferment cool with a neutral yeast

You could jazz it up by steeping 0.5 lbs of a light crystal malt and/or by adding 0.25 oz hops somewhere in the last 20 minutes. Other hops that would be good are any of the German varieties or something like Mt Hood or Liberty.

This won't be a BMC clone, which requires advanced techniques , but will give you a light colored, low hopped ale. Whether your friends will go for it depends on their level of "brand loyalty". Good luck.

I keep an American Light Ale Partial Mash from Midwest in the rotation for BMC drinkers. Basically it's a light beer with no/little hop flavor

Northernbrewer has an extract kit called world wide lager that is marketed as their version of lager that comes in a green bottle. I keep this on tap for people who prefer the BMC style of beers. If temperatures are maintained throughout the process this beer will come out crystal clear, and very crisp.

JDGator said:
Hey everyone,

Most of my friends drink coors light, bud, and other watered down urine samples. So i was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a beer simular to the listed above.

To be honest, i'm glad they don't like my IPA's and Stouts. More for me!!

Thanks

I think the best you could find would be light pilsner of some sort... Good luck with that.

Even then you're going to give substantially better beer from a kit. I had a pretty poor attempt on a Mexican pilsner and it still beat anything mass produced by Bud, Coors or Miller!

Even then you're going to give substantially better beer from a kit. I had a pretty poor attempt on a Mexican pilsner and it still beat anything mass produced by Bud, Coors or Miller!

+1 to this. Your friends will love your beer so much they may never go back to the others. I have witnessed this happening first hand. Austin Homebrew Supply has a good budget pale ale recipe kit. It should please your friends if they are used to bud light, coors, etc.

Cheers.

:mug:

Northern Brewer "American Wheat" is simple, cheap, and most everyone liked it, even my ex girlfriend who really didnt like beer.

I'll never brew it again though. Why? Because Hefeweizen doesnt cost any more to make, and I prefer a REAL Wheat beer :) I love the hefe yeast profile mmm

Make new friends. :D

I make a summer hefeweizen every year that most of my typical American light lager drinking friends enjoy. It's a lot more flavorful, but they all seem to like it. Very simple and straightforward and it's quick to brew and ferment. Ready in about 24 days. Here's the recipe:

5# Briess Wheat DME
1# Extra Light DME (I usually use Briess but it probably doesn't matter)
.5 oz Hallertauer (boil 60 min; this is for full volume, for partial volume boil I'd probably go up to .75 oz)
Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan (highly recommended you use this yeast; it's excellent)

60 min boil, ferment for 10 days, then bottle w/ 5oz of corn sugar (or keg and carb for about 3 days at 14-16 psi). I've never done a yeast starter for this one and it always turns out great. I'm sure a starter wouldn't hurt though if you were so inclined to use one. Beersmith recommends it but I've never felt the need and it always ends up being good.

Good luck and brew on!

Back