External digital display for A419?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Id like a digital readout in front of my keezer without using the lcd readout inside of the Johnson A419. Is it possibly to purchase and wire an external digital readout? How would I go about doing this?

If it's just temperature you're after, I'd use an indoor outdoor thermometer, and run the cable inside. I'm not aware of any outputs that the A419 has that would allow for an external display.

I just use a wireless outdoor thermometer I picked up at Walmart for $10 to monitor my kegerator air temp. Works awesone and no wires required and I can put the display where I want it.

Why wouldn't you mount the controller on the outside and just run the probe to the inside?

Either way, the screen is connected via ribbon cable. You could always just buy some ribbon cable and extend it.

Why wouldn't you mount the controller on the outside and just run the probe to the inside?

Either way, the screen is connected via ribbon cable. You could always just buy some ribbon cable and extend it.

thanks for the information. The reason i dont want to mount the controller to the outside is because i dont want a big blue thermostat stealing the spotlight on my keezer. id like to show just a digital screen wired to the thermostat which is hidden behind the keezer.

so could i take the screen out of the box, buy ribbon cable and mount the screen by itself?

thanks for the information. The reason i dont want to mount the controller to the outside is because i dont want a big blue thermostat stealing the spotlight on my keezer. id like to show just a digital screen wired to the thermostat which is hidden behind the keezer.

so could i take the screen out of the box, buy ribbon cable and mount the screen by itself?

Actually I was thinking of a different controller. The a419 has the screen mounted directly on the board. But if you really wanted to you could still solder a ribbon to the pins on the board and extend it to where you want but at that point it would just be easier to buy a digital temp sensor and mount it on the out side

Actually I was thinking of a different controller. The a419 has the screen mounted directly on the board. But if you really wanted to you could still solder a ribbon to the pins on the board and extend it to where you want but at that point it would just be easier to buy a digital temp sensor and mount it on the out side

where to find something like this? all i want is temperature not humidity, weather, rotation of the moon etc. lol

Back