Exprected lifetime of beer tap gaskets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwipen

Reaction score
How long have you run your taps without changing the gaskets? Except for one gasket between the tap and shank changed because of user error I've used my taps with the original gaskets for 5+ years. I'm using Perlick 630 with no leaks from the tap.

They get disassembled, cleaned and lubricated once the keg is empty. This makes them operate very smoothly.

Last edited:
I've been running a six pack of first generation 525SS faucets for 16 years now and have only rebuilt them once in that time.
And as my recirculating cleaning regimen has never left anything behind I don't break them down.

I bought countless dozens of original O-rings from Perlick to satisfy a $25 minimum order requirement when I first got the faucets. I laugh now at how few I've used...

Cheers!

Bumping with the hope that more people will chime in.

Coming up on 4 years with 4 Perlick 650ss taps. No replacement of parts. The only times (rare) that I've removed and disassembled one, it's seemed super clean from having been flushed with hot water and/or BLC.

tl;dr: dunno how long before failure. Cheers.

Back