Experiment #100 ---> Coffee Kombi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think this will work?

• Yes

• No

• No idea

• I want to see this happen

• No interest

Results are only viewable after voting.

jaeshoes1

Reaction score
I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm gonna test this idea. I've done some research online. If it turns out, I'll let you know. If anyone has experience be it good or bad, please post response. I'd love to hear your feedback or even your rocketship design ideas.

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/kombucha-coffee-recipe

http://www.commonsensehome.com/how-to-make-coffee-kombucha/

Yes, I am very interested in hearing how this turns out. I would prefer using a darker coffee if I could choose. I would like to try brewing this in the near future. I'm also for the rocketship design ideas.

Alright peeps.... Today is the day!!!! Gonna get going. Gonna sanitize the work place and gather supplies! Tonight I brew.

Going to try this recipe:
Culturesforhealth.com/kombucha-coffee-recipe

Not sure how I'll make the coffee. I've got a 4 cup machine -> only the bf really drinks. Apparently it's to dangerous to allow me to have "rocket fuel" so we agreed on a 4 cup machine..... Arg.

My ideas are these:

Tube sock method tea bag
A tweaked tube sock method using a washcloth
Colander with a washcloth filter
An old school drip cup where you pour the grounds through a filter that fits in a thing that sits in top of the cup.

And of course the 2 hour method using the microscopic machine I have.

Any ideas are welcome.

Almost done! Pulled the SCOBY. Smells different and the brew is darker than when it started!!! Still a bit sweet but.... AMAZING

1406235202363.jpg

Back