Experienced brewer getting a bit more ambitious

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josephort

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been brewing for a few years in a very laid back fashion, mostly making simple beers to enjoy with dinner. I've got about the most rudimentary all-grain setup imaginable, and have enjoyed making porters and pale ales every once in a while without worrying too much about the details of my recipes or my process.

Recently, I've been itching to fine-tune things a bit more, try to improve the basics and experiment with more distinctive styles. Most recently I pulled of a dusseldorf alt and a sour-mash berlinerweisse much more successfully than I thought I would, and those have whetted my appetite to keep experimenting. I've just put a saison in the carboy today (with a slight hiccup you can read about in my other post) and am thinking of trying some higher gravity styles, using adjuncts, and who knows what else.

I figured I should have an account here in case questions come up, and so that I can share whatever knowledge I might have with others.

Cheers!

Back