Expanding to multi regulator stetup, needing help putting it together.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agentEhrman

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to kegging and I am trying to expand my current gas setup to include a 3rd keg. I currently have a 2 regulator system, with a "t" splitter driving two kegs. I gave it much thought, and since I prefer to force carb in the keg, I want to have a regulator for each keg so I can crank up the pressure on a fresh keg to start enjoying it faster.

:D

I have found this --> http://www.kegkits.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=3SecRegSet&Category_Code=SReg and it seems like a great price.

I need to know if I will be able to use it with my current 2 gauge setup. My current one is close to this -->http://www.kegkits.com/Merchant2/me...&Product_Code=JO60-K4H4BC&Category_Code=DGReg except mine comes straight off the bottom with a hose clamped on, instead of the barbed fitting in this one pictured...

I'm just trying to figure out if I'm on the right track here. If there is something else I should be doing, please let me know. If this is what I need to accomplish 3 kegs from a single tank with independent pressure, then what else will I need to fit the new 3 reg's with my current setup?

Any and all help is appreciated!

:mug:

I don't think the regulator you currently have will work with an additional stage. Is there a specific reason you're wanting to force carb by cranking it up? In my opinion, this method is faulty and unreliable. I know that a lot of people will disagree with this...I just don't think you can dial in pressure with this method. It always leaves you with an overcarbed beer.... and even if it is perfectly carbed, it will still be "green" for another 2-3 weeks. Just because it's carbonated doesn't mean it's ready to drink...

Besides...if you've already got two beers on tap, what's the rush to get a third one?

You are on the right track. You could really get away with a 2-pressure secondary regulator if you wanted as you could t split from the primary regulator, one into a keg and one into the secondary regulator.

Keep in mind that the secondary regulator can't dial a pressure higher than the primary regulator. So if you want to burst something at 30psi, you have to have it coming off the primary regulator in my scenario. If you bought the 3 pressure secondary and just connected that to the primary regulator, you could set the primary at 30psi and then dial in any of the remaining secondaries outputs to 0-30 psi.

Besides...if you've already got two beers on tap, what's the rush to get a third one?[/QUOTE]

I generally never drink the same beer twice in a row. kinda weird i guess...

You are on the right track. You could really get away with a 2-pressure secondary regulator if you wanted as you could t split from the primary regulator, one into a keg and one into the secondary regulator.

Keep in mind that the secondary regulator can't dial a pressure higher than the primary regulator. So if you want to burst something at 30psi, you have to have it coming off the primary regulator in my scenario. If you bought the 3 pressure secondary and just connected that to the primary regulator, you could set the primary at 30psi and then dial in any of the remaining secondaries outputs to 0-30 psi.

If I can do 3 different pressures from what I have linked, I might as well just go ahead and do it.

Hopefully it doesn't take too much to put these two together? :drunk:

If I can do 3 different pressures from what I have linked, I might as well just go ahead and do it.

Hopefully it doesn't take too much to put these two together? :drunk:

You can do three different pressures.

It won't take too much to put it together. You'll just need some short gas line to go from the primary regulator output to the secondary regulator. It sounds like you have a barb on the primary...Make sure you get some nylon washers (they run about $0.15). They will go where the flare fitting fits the input on the secondary regulator and at the outputs from the secondary regulator (since they are flare fittings).

Checklist is:
Secondary Regulator
4 1/4" MFL Flare Fittings with Swivel Nuts (1 for connect to secondary and 3 for outputs on secondary)
4 Nylon Washers (for the metal to metal connections with the MFL flare fittings)
Enough gas line
Clamps for the gas line (Double the number of connections since you'll need to clamp on both ends of the line)
Corny quick disconnects

Hopefully, I'm getting everything.

It won't take too much to put it together. You'll just need some short gas line to go from the primary regulator output to the secondary regulator. It sounds like you have a barb on the primary...Make sure you get some nylon washers (they run about $0.15). They will go where the flare fitting fits the input on the secondary regulator and at the outputs from the secondary regulator (since they are flare fittings).

Checklist is:
Secondary Regulator
4 1/4" MFL Flare Fittings with Swivel Nuts (1 for connect to secondary and 3 for outputs on secondary)
4 Nylon Washers (for the metal to metal connections with the MFL flare fittings)
Enough gas line
Clamps for the gas line (Double the number of connections since you'll need to clamp on both ends of the line)
Corny quick disconnects

This^^^. This is how I would suggest doing it. The two stage regulator that you are currently using more than likely could be reconfigured and have additional stages added. But I would not recommend this for someone not familiar with modifying gas apparatus.

Checklist is:
Secondary Regulator
Enough gas line
Corny quick disconnects

Huge help here, I'm understanding it now. Thanks!

Back