EVKeg / EVContainer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmayhugh

Turgid Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm interested in getting into kegging, but I'd like to go with the standard sanke connections if possible. The single-use inner lining and ease-of-cleaning appeals to my lazy side.

I had considered using stainless kegs, but the cleaning/inspection/risk of contamination has held me back so far.

I'm looking at these right now. (Saw an add in Zymurgy!) If you are already setup for Sanke then this thing does look interesting. The liners are about 4 bucks a piece though which really inst that bad considering the time savings from cleaning. I do wonder about things such as long term storage, oxygen permeability etc.

I'm looking at these right now. (Saw an add in Zymurgy!) If you are already setup for Sanke then this thing does look interesting. The liners are about 4 bucks a piece though which really inst that bad considering the time savings from cleaning. I do wonder about things such as long term storage, oxygen permeability etc.

I saw the same ad :rockin:

They claim that the liner is low permeability, and can store beers up to 8 months.

I can't see any benefit over corny kegs. You have to buy new liners every time. how hard is it to clean a corny? 5, maybe 10 minutes?
The EV keg has traditional sanke valve, this needs to be dismantled and cleaned. quality sanke connectors are very expensive compared to corny connects.
I can buy 2 corny kegs for the price of one of these.
I'm all for new innovations but at what cost? The idea is great.

If you're after Sankey connections, this does seem to be a neat and low maintenance solution. Might not be the best thing for aging a beer in though with an 8 month shelf life.

Cleaning a steel keg isn't much harder than cleaning a carboy. It's just harder to see inside, but on the bright side you can drop it and not end up in the emergency room.

The only thing about the EVKegs that interest me is the 3 gallon option.

Latest posts

Back