Everything going wrong this week... infection? Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayern1987

Reaction score
This week my brewing is going downhill... first my other lager seemed to have fusels alcohols... when kegging last night for the first time I dropped my co2 tank and broke a gauge on the regulator... and now this.... I thought this batch was going to turn out great... just opened it after cold crashing to add gelatin and look... please don't let it be an infection :( what you guys think?

Attachments

• 20210429_191129.jpg
    20210429_191129.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 53
I doubt that is a problem but I wouldn't even know because I would never open my fermenter to look because it would expose it to oxygen. I would quit looking and have a homebrew.

I wouldn't normally Jim but I want a clear looking lager so need to add the gelatin in there 😂 you reckon it's just yeast rafts then? I had them before. I'll take your advice and have a beer ha :)

It doesn't smell off or that... I've not tasted it yet going to try it tomorrow when I bottle it. It could be yeast rafts? Just wondered about the little funky bits around it too.

I've had krausen leave a crusty top that didn't entirely sink back down. You've still got a decent chance of it working out. If it smells fine, taste it. If it tastes fine, you should be fine. Maybe bottle around that layer if you can though.

Nice one I was planning on doing that. Going to try and bottle it asap tomorrow when the gelatin has settled. Too many ups and downs in this great hobby... I get scunnered with the downs 😂 but keep at it :)

I've had stuff like that before with no issue. When I would then rack to keg it would get pulled to the sides of the bucket as the beer level dropped.

Back