Equipment Storage in the South

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulud

Reaction score
So I am looking at relocating my equipment to allow closet space. My question is will the high humidity during the summer affect my equipment if I store it in my garage? Or the heat?

I'm not storing any ingredients out there just equipment.

Thanks!

While Nebraska doesn't quite have the humidity of Texas, it does get pretty humid in the summer. Because we choose to live very meagerly we don't have a garage or anything special but I did get a very small plastic shed that sits against the back of the house to store all my equipment in. Everything seems to survive the elements just fine. The only issue is the need to clean everything well before you use it. Also spiders and bees/wasps enjoy trying to use the stuff for a home so be sure to check it all before carrying into the house.

My brew system sits outside, year round, granted it is all steel, stainless.

If you've got plastic, it'll get brittle with heat cycles, and sun exposure, but humidity won't really affect it unless you don't clean well....

Back