Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Devils lead the league in goals scored. Ryder leads the league in points, Fried Cammalleri leads the leagues in goals. Cammy is on pace for 164 goals this season. 82-0 here we come!!!!!

*Horn...* *Horn...* *Horn...* *Horn...* *Horn...* *Horn...* *Horn...* *Horn...*

oh well, happens to the best of us

The Wild managed to "Ranger" the Bruins last night and turn the tables around 180. Nice win! Maybe they slipped the keg dregs from Madison Square Garden into Boston's locker room.

Who's watching what tonight?!?!?

466007029-e1391151791208.jpg

...and yet another thing that pisses me off about the shootout.

When a game goes ends in this horrid fashion, the recap programs spend more time showing replays of the shootout than replays of the game. bless me, that shvt ain't hockey!

I have a feeling that sooner rather than later they will be going to the 3v3 overtime format they're trying in the minors.

Oh and the Canes finally have won a whole 2 games!

I have a feeling that sooner rather than later they will be going to the 3v3 overtime format they're trying in the minors.

Why can't people accept a tie? Keep the 4 on 4, but if nobody scores, just go home with your hard earned point.

I agree, the shootout was an interesting novelty at first, but that's it. It's worn out its welcome.

I especially hate it when a 0-0 game goes to shootout. Both goalies earned that shutout.

Jeeze, the season's like 20 games deep and the Bruins casualty list looks more like January. I don't know how they've been doing so well of late considering you never know who's going to be able to suit up.

Woof.

Cheers!

Well, for one I think Chara is extremely over rated. Others will disagree, but the guy makes poor decisions with the puck and is a giveaway machine. He gets way too much credit and their recent play shows that they can win without him. The kids have been doing a great job playing the system. Go B's.

I can't disagree with the premise that Chara is over-rated by some degree.

I tend to focus on him when the Bs are in their own end and over the years he does make a lot of forced/imprudent passes that end up on the other team's tape. But it wouldn't surprise me if that's at least partially due to playing so many minutes that he's gassed the last half of his shifts.

One thing is for sure, when he's on his game he is a force...

Cheers!

Well said. And don't get me wrong, i dont think he sucks by any means. He's the tallest thing on skates and has one hell of a reach. There's value right there. I just get tired of listening to jack edwards talking doom and gloom without him. First couple games were really annoying, but he's mentioned it less since they've been winning. I think the style of play that the kids are taught in providence really helps them when they come up to the NHL. Chara was the centerpiece of the team when PC came aboard, and deserves much credit, but the whole team changed their style of play. They don't don't suck without him.

Go B's

Well the Bs are still a good team without him, but he is one of the major players and even though you might think he's overrated, most other teams don't. They play with his size and ability in mind. That right there has value.

I am really starting to hate the shootout. With Detroit's puck handling guys they couldn't score in the shootout last night. Granted Babcock put in some odd choices, but goign 0-3 in teh shootout so far, and historically being poor in the shootout to begin with makes it worst than worthless for us.

When a team is used to winning it can overcome a large pile of injuries. Gotta have that winning culture, ya know?

Boston - wins a lot, injuries are okay.
Detroit - wins a bit less, injuries are okay.
Columbus - wins not a lot, injuries have destroyed them.

The Blackhawks are going to repeat their win of the Stanley Cup. They may have gotten rid of a bunch of players from last year (Niemi, Burrish, Byfffffuleiiyeeiigliin) but they still have a core group of hardworking teammates and are getting their steam back after a slow start this year.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/

nhl-chicago-blackhawks-jersey-01.jpg

I would just like to point out that this is the best jersey in all of pro sports.

How Lowe can the Oilers go?

Sometimes, when I think about all the poor management I've seen in the Blue Bombers organization over the past few years, it makes me sad. Then, I think, "Well, at least the Bombers are not as badly run as the Oilers"...and I can at least grit my teeth, and get on with my day.

The Jets are not contenders...but at least they're not the Oilers!

The Jets are not contenders...but at least they're not the Oilers!

Jets are sitting in 8th spot currently, are they not? 6-2-2 in last 10, pretty good. Just happen to be in a really competitive division.

I was disgusted watching the Wild play in the first last night down 3 donut to the people stuck on an island. Then to come back and score 4 unanswered in the 3rd to win it. I think they've done that kind of thing 3 times this year, nice

Rooting for the caps to pull a win in Fla tonight. The winter classic will be a good game. Hawks Caps is usually a good one on recent years so im looking forward to a good game and good homebrew on my couch.
Although i'm a Caps fan i think the hawks have the best looking sweater in the league btw.

Rooting for the caps to pull a win in Fla tonight. The winter classic will be a good game. Hawks Caps is usually a good one on recent years so im looking forward to a good game and good homebrew on my couch.
Although i'm a Caps fan i think the hawks have the best looking sweater in the league btw.

Yes.

I agree. I am also baised. ;-) they also have the best goal horn and goal song in the league in Chelsea Dagger. However, Dallas has an awesome song as well.

Latest posts

Back