Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have completely agreed with you in round one. But at some point the whole boston strong phrase is more about money making for companies in boston as well. If one party can profit off of it, why not another.

Almost all of the company's selling Boston strong stuff are donating the proceeds to the families of those killed and seriously injured. Providing prosthetic limbs, physical therapy, additional surgeries, medical and funeral expenses, psychological therapy for the kids that had to watch peoples limbs being blown off.

Tons of money being made....

If you want to start footing that bill we will stop selling merchandise to support them.

I would have completely agreed with you in round one. But at some point the whole boston strong phrase is more about money making for companies in boston as well. If one party can profit off of it, why not another.

Almost all of the company's selling Boston strong stuff are donating the proceeds to the families of those killed and seriously injured. Providing prosthetic limbs, physical therapy, additional surgeries, medical and funeral expenses, psychological therapy for the kids that had to watch peoples limbs being blown off.

Tons of money being made....

If you want to start footing that bill we will stop selling merchandise to support them.

^ This guy :mug:

So we had the ****** here in Toronto, that Chicago shirt, and apparently the same was done with the Rangers.

My thought after all this was that, of all teams, Pittsburgh couldn't POSSIBLY be the only one without some *****ey, classless fans. Thanks for confirming that.

GTDbE2I.jpg

Looks like Horton is good for tonight. Still hurts the B's not having Campbell.

Speaking of injuries, the only reason the Hawks are even in the finals is that they somehow struck the jackpot and miraculously haven't lost a single player to the war of attrition that is (normally) the playoffs.

Looks like Horton is good for tonight. Still hurts the B's not having Campbell.

Speaking of injuries, the only reason the Hawks are even in the finals is that they somehow struck the jackpot and miraculously haven't lost a single player to the war of attrition that is (normally) the playoffs.

When your style of play is basically to just be a bunch of silly bitches for 60 minutes, it doesn't cause a lot of injuries.

Bruins in 5. HA!

how could they not call Jagrs stick being held? he was skating down the ice dragging the BlackHawk player on his stomach

you seriously think the Hawks are going to win 2 in Boston??

Yes, yes I do. I think both teams are very evenly matched and the Hawks are as capable of winning on the road as the Bruins. I'm not knocking your team, but the Hawks have made the best in the league look like minor leaguers, no reason the B's are any different.

I think the Hawks could win one in Boston, but to win in six games they have to win 3 out of the next 4 games, including 2 of 3 in Boston. highly unlikely, but I guess not impossible

I think the Hawks could win one in Boston, but to win in six games they have to win 3 out of the next 4 games, including 2 of 3 in Boston. highly unlikely, but I guess not impossible

All we need is one in Boston and that's the series in 7. I think they'll take two on the road and win in six, but taking one is Boston will be like.... well, I'll bite my tongue since you guys are so sensitive about things. :D

Go ahead and say it, I'm an oilers fan, I just predicted Boston to win 7 before the first round with even over. I think the Boston overall has a slightly deeper team but the goaltending is pretty well even

NordeastBrewer77 said:
And if not, their fans will cry about t-shirts. Let's all agree that this is gonna be a killer series. Hawks in 6.

You're very disrespectful saying we will cry about tshirts. That a BS comment. I don't comment here a lot but come on...you know people lost limbs right? It's not a joke dude

If the Bruins lose that's not happening...all Bruins fans will say is wow great team, disrespectful fans

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Whatever, I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep. Then tomorrow I'll ***** about how Boston Strong shirts offend me. That's what hockey fans do, right.

Are you serious with these comments? I thought reading your comments you weren't a DB but I guess I am wrong. You have taken this thread from a trash talking thread to another level. Keep talking about tshirts. You look like a fool

Ask Jeff bauman what he feels about Boston strong. Wow shocking

So we had the ****** here in Toronto, that Chicago shirt, and apparently the same was done with the Rangers.

My thought after all this was that, of all teams, Pittsburgh couldn't POSSIBLY be the only one without some *****ey, classless fans. Thanks for confirming that.

And your post confirms that you must have been one of the ****** Toronto D-bags.

What gives you the right to insult people because their skin is thicker than yours, especially a runner. This wasn't just an attack on Boston , it was an attack on the USA and if the proceeds from the sales are going to charity and to support the victims that's great but I guarantee that there are sales in Boston from people trying to make a quick buck too and most of the people buying them probably think they are supporting the bruins and not the marathon victims at this point. You don't like someone selling something fine, take it out on them but don't act like its some ungodly thing that no one else has ever done.

And frankly after 911 I would say that New York would definitely have the right to use New York Stronger.
Grow up its just hockey and marketing at this point, aside from the victims in Boston I bet no one in the city even gives that tragedy a second thought

CityOChampBrew said:
And your post confirms that you must have been one of the ****** Toronto D-bags.

What gives you the right to insult people because their skin is thicker than yours, especially a runner. This wasn't just an attack on Boston , it was an attack on the USA and if the proceeds from the sales are going to charity and to support the victims that's great but I guarantee that there are sales in Boston from people trying to make a quick buck too and most of the people buying them probably think they are supporting the bruins and not the marathon victims at this point. You don't like someone selling something fine, take it out on them but don't act like its some ungodly thing that no one else has ever done.

And frankly after 911 I would say that New York would definitely have the right to use New York Stronger.
Grow up its just hockey and marketing at this point, aside from the victims in Boston I bet no one in the city even gives that tragedy a second thought

You're wrong on the say point 100%

Yes, yes I do. I think both teams are very evenly matched and the Hawks are as capable of winning on the road as the Bruins. I'm not knocking your team, but the Hawks have made the best in the league look like minor leaguers, no reason the B's are any different.

You mean like when boston swept the penguins? You know, the nations favorite, the team already dubbed to win the cup for the next ten years? Right...

Im sure there are people scamming others for cheap sales in the wake of thos, that happens with everything everywhere... The point is, the "boston strong" shirts werent ever marketed as bruins shirts. They were royal blue and bright yellow (as is the ribbon, cause theres a ribbon for everything)

This whole issue isnt sports related, it shouldnt be, it was an attack on the US in Boston. The problem is a tasteless company tried to market the event as sports propaganda to shove something that effected thousands (the boston marathon is hardly a boston only event) in the face during competition..

/tshirt conversation.

Bruins played sloppy in most of toights game, turned it on in overtime when it mattered...even matched game, even though they won im still going to say it. The officiating in this game was awful, on both sides. Soooooo many blown calls, slashings, holding, etc... I like the "let em play" mentality but they have to police some of this crap.

Latest posts

Back