Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toronto by no means deserves to win a game where they do not get a single shot on net for the entire 3rd period and OT, but really how the hell does that last Malkin goal even count?

Pushes bernier in to the net with his stick, then slaps the puck in right in front of his pad. Strange...

Toronto by no means deserves to win a game where they do not get a single shot on net for the entire 3rd period and OT, but really how the hell does that last Malkin goal even count?

Pushes bernier in to the net with his stick, then slaps the puck in right in front of his pad. Strange...

Yeah, that was definitely BS. Though I can't really even blame the official too much - he just made what he thought was the correct call on the ice, and unfortunately the NHL thinks it's a good idea for such plays to *not* be reviewable.

Because, you know... increasing the accuracy of game-changing calls, be they goals, penalties, or whatever else, is somehow always going to automatically be a BAD idea.

Jeeze, Lundquist has spent more time looking behind himself than up ice, while pucks have been whizzing all around him. About time Boston got a lead. Hopefully they will hold onto it...

Cheers!

I've always been a fan of Helm. I only started to worry if he was ever going to stay healthy enough to play!

Imagine the team with a healthy DeKeyser!

I've always been a fan of Helm. I only started to worry if he was ever going to stay healthy enough to play!

Imagine the team with a healthy DeKeyser!

Not to mention all of the talent in GR. A friend has season tickets here so I get to go to quite a few games. Even met Eaves and Emmerton over the weekend.

Couldnt' get the game on last night. Just one level of Dish Network too low! Then, in the third I went to bed to listen to the game on the radio and I couldn't pull in the station! It's usually not a problem when I live, but it just wouldn't tune in. Wings ended up losing because of it! I'm calling the station!

Roller coaster third in Wild/Hawks last night. Hossa's snipe over Hardings shoulder was quite sick. Thought the Wild were gonna fold up the tents.

Lucky bounce from Brodin off a Hawk defender and we were back in business. Scandella's seeing eye game winner was his first of the year. Huge win for the Wild last night. I really enjoy watching games against the Chi-town, win or lose.

So... Kessel has some nagging minor "injury" that keeps causing him to miss practices (but no games), and nobody else seems to have noticed how it manages to perfectly coincide with 24/7 beginning filming the Leafs.

Seems legit.

Shìtty night to be a Devils fan.

Errrrr... Like... Shìttier than usual, anyways.

download

The Commissioner's office is gonna have fun sorting out the fines and suspensions, but eff the Penguins, this is Boston's house!

Cheers! :rockin:

emjay said:
So... Kessel has some nagging minor "injury" that keeps causing him to miss practices (but no games), and nobody else seems to have noticed how it manages to perfectly coincide with 24/7 beginning filming the Leafs. Seems legit.

He's been on fire since the HBO cameras showed up.

Who said he'd disappear again? Gotta find that post, it was a gem.

Nice calm win by Boston tonight.
First place with a game in hand doesn't suck! :ban:

Thank goodness, 'cuz we're all still recovering from Yet Another Patriots-Induced Heart Attack and needed our rest...

Cheers! ;)

day_trippr said:
Nice calm win by Boston tonight. First place with a game in hand doesn't suck! :ban: Thank goodness, 'cuz we're all still recovering from Yet Another Patriots-Induced Heart Attack and needed our rest... Cheers! ;)

Leafs played their best period of hockey this year in the first against Boston last night I thought. Good to see from this young team, able to hang with a legitimate cup contender for a while.

Leafs played their best period of hockey this year in the first against Boston last night I thought. Good to see from this young team, able to hang with a legitimate cup contender for a while.

They basically played against the Providence Bruins last night.

Meh. Didn't work in the other thread, either.

So the first shoe to hit the floor in the penalty phase of the Penguins/Bruins fiasco is 5 days no pay for Neal. The ******* kneed Marchand in the back of the head while he was flat on the ice in front of God and an arena full of fans. Just shows you can totally lose your mind playing professional sports.

Next up is Thornton. I'll be surprised if he doesn't do even more hard time...

Cheers!

Well ^that is true. You should've gone with that instead :)

Real good win by the Bs tonight, in spite of injuries, pending court cases, the fricken' flu, and jet lag, amongst the panoply of maladies. Real nice send-up for Iginla by Calgary, not sure I've seen so much love thrown on the ice - the Flame fans apparently really, really miss him. The Bruins showed plenty of respect for the whole affair - and then cashed two late goals to steal the game.

Tough nuggies.

Cheers! ;)

Well ^that is true. You should've gone with that instead :)

Real good win by the Bs tonight, in spite of injuries, pending court cases, the fricken' flu, and jet lag, amongst the panoply of maladies. Real nice send-up for Iginla by Calgary, not sure I've seen so much love thrown on the ice - the Flame fans apparently really, really miss him. The Bruins showed plenty of respect for the whole affair - and then cashed two late goals to steal the game.

Tough nuggies.

Cheers! ;)

I'll admit, it was a little bit of a jab...hey...this is the Hockey trash talk forum!! I have no animosity towards Toronto.

You are correct about Calgary and Iginla...they definitely respect the man as well as the player. Good to see.

Pretty standard treatment for franchise players nowadays. Off the top of my head, in this year alone, Teemu and Alfie got similar honors.

Another solid game by the Bruins on their 2013 Canada Tour. 3 of 3 so far with one more game in Vancouver before they get to drag their butts home. The call-up for Johnson paid off nicely in goal. Good for him, and more kudos for the Baby Bs :mug:

Cheers!

Good on the Leafs to really take it to those Blues last night. Man Toronto's just been on a tear lately! Presidents Trophy HERE WE COME!! WOOOOOOOOOOO

End the West Coast misery for Minnesota please. Wild played Anaheim pretty tough and almost tied it up. San Jose was a different story. Now we have to go to Colorado with only a slightly better chance of winning.

Backtstrom is clearly not where he needs to be, we need someone to come in and give us a chance to win when Harding needs rest. Anyone have a good backup goalie for trade? I'd love to get Stalock back in Minny from San Jose. We'll trade straight up for Dany Heatley :)

Wings are PATHETIC in the shootout. They may as well invite fans from the crowd to come down and take shots.

That can change quickly. The Leafs have a very good shootout record this year, even using most of the same players who couldn't win a single one last year (with what was probably a better team). In fact, IIRC, there was only ONE player who had scored any SO goals *at all* last year.

emjay said:
That can change quickly. The Leafs have a very good shootout record this year, even using most of the same players who couldn't win a single one last year (with what was probably a better team). In fact, IIRC, there was only ONE player who had scored any SO goals *at all* last year.

Stupid coin toss needs to go. Look forward to ot changes next year.

Back