Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell does basketball have to do with anything? Who cares what the raptors are doing? Seriously - basketball. The worst sport in all of mankind.

Unless you can show me that Nonis hired some ****ty rapper to promote the raptors and how that relates to the hockey team, you're rambling again.

You know what creates bad habits and leads to losses when they matter? Playing on Edmonton.

It was Tim Leweike who hired him , you know him - the guy who publicly said during training camp that tge leafs were winning the cup and that the parade route was already planned. So yeah, hhis hiring Drake reflects back on the organizations (notice the "s"? That makes it plur.... Mean more than one) he run. Kinda reminds me of something Ballard would do.

It was Tim Leweike who hired him , you know him - the guy who publicly said during training camp that tge leafs were winning the cup and that the parade route was already planned. So yeah, hhis hiring Drake reflects back on the organizations (notice the "s"? That makes it plur.... Mean more than one) he run. Kinda reminds me of something Ballard would do.

Can you please outline how the hiring of Ryan Nelsen as head coach of TFC has affected the Maple Leafs?

You have a talent for taking a conversation down stupid street - congratulations, troll achievement unlocked!

4iawq.jpg

Can you please outline how the hiring of Ryan Nelsen as head coach of TFC has affected the Maple Leafs?

Simple it hasnt. But when the president and CEO of an organization makes stupid announcements and personnel moves that are even worse than the ol'boys club here in edmonton( klowe and mact at least have some hockey experience) it does have a pr effect on the organization. Remind me again about your preseason cup win, why are we even playing the season since you already clinched? At least that ****ty rapper should get the raptors in the playoffs.

Edit.

look back. I never said Drake and leafs. Thats right. MLSE. I even qouted that for you from your post, and pointed that out in some of my later posts. Are you even sure what you are butthurt over??

I doubt he's butthurt, as there's nothing of substance to get butthurt over. Who gives a shìt who they hired for their basketball team? In fact, why would it matter even if it was for the hockey team? It doesn't. He's just trying to point out the nonsense of it all. If that's the worst you can say about the Leafs, then they must be doing great.

Simple it hasnt. But when the president and CEO of an organization makes stupid announcements and personnel moves that are even worse than the ol'boys club here in edmonton( klowe and mact at least have some hockey experience) it does have a pr effect on the organization. Remind me again about your preseason cup win, why are we even playing the season since you already clinched? At least that ****ty rapper should get the raptors in the playoffs.

Edit.

look back. I never said Drake and leafs. Thats right. MLSE. I even qouted that for you from your post, and pointed that out in some of my later posts. Are you even sure what you are butthurt over??

I hate basketball, it's the worst sport imaginable. Do you really think trashing the Raptors would bother me? I can't even name a single player on the team, except for Gay of course, because that last name is awesome.

Clearly when I said MLSE knows what it's doing, it was with respect to HOCKEY - what with this being a hockey thread and all. Your response was Drake. I guess I should have been more specific, I'm terribly sorry. I'll try again:
It appears Dave Nonis, Dave Poulin, Claude Loiselle, Cliff Fletcher, Jim Hughes, Reid Mitchell, Randy Carlyle, Dave Farrish, Scott Gordon, Greg Cronin, Chris Dennis, and Rick St. Croix know what they're doing.

Is that better? Oh, right. And Drake. Can't forget Drake.

participation_certificate.jpg

Goddamn Hawks are giving me heart failure as usual.

CALGARY? You guys lost to the goddamn Flamers? And here I thought the Hawks were nearly untouchable. I wouldn't be surprised if this single result gives teams across the league the confidence needed to beat you guys. The mother****ing Flames. Wow.

CALGARY? You guys lost to the goddamn Flamers? And here I thought the Hawks were nearly untouchable. I wouldn't be surprised if this single result gives teams across the league the confidence needed to beat you guys. The mother****ing Flames. Wow.

Calgary isn't even trying to win. Feaster can't even LOSE properly!

Bolland ended up looking like a brilliant pickup wrt value...

... and now he's out indefinitely with a severed (Achilles?) tendon. FML.

Now we're down two key centers. Kadri being the only scoring-line center left. So the lines are being shaken up even more with JVR being moved to center - which isn't that bad as I've always felt he's better suited for center anyways...

but still... Godammit. It'd be nice to have all our key guys healthy for once. We were almost there when Bozak got hurt, but now this... Gah. I mean, we've been doing alright in the standings but anybody watching the games should be able to tell you they still have yet to play a full, solid 60 minutes.

And the optimist in me thought that might even be a good thing as playing together night after night should have allowed them to become more consistent with time, and if they could have learned to play consistently the way they played some periods - the pinnacle IMO being the third period of the Pittsburgh game - they could have become a serious contender.

But the Bolland injury just pretty much killed most of the optimism I still had. For the first time this season I'm seriously concerned we're going to take a big hit in the standings. Luckily we have almost a week off and November looks like possibly our easiest month, but on the other side of the coin it could mean we struggle with the easiest part of the schedule and even if we're healthy later on, it's still going to be harder to get points in the tougher parts of the season.

Ugh... I'm really hoping that this is a storm we can weather, but I'm no longer feeling so confident. :(

Bolland ended up looking like a brilliant pickup wrt value...

... and now he's out indefinitely with a severed (Achilles?) tendon. FML.

Now we're down two key centers. Katrina being the only scoring-line center left. So the lines are being shaken up even more with JVR being moved to center - which isn't that bad as I've always felt he's better suited for center anyways...

but still... Godammit. It'd be nice to have all our key guys healthy for once. We were almost there when Bozak got hurt, but now this... Gah. I mean, we've been doing alright in the standings but anybody watching the games should be able to tell you they still have yet to play a full, solid 60 minutes.

And the optimist in me thought that might even be a good thing as plating together night after night should have allowed them to become more consistent, and if they could have learned to play consistently the way they played some periods - the pinnacle IMO being the third period of the Pittsburgh game - they could have become a serious contender.

But the Bolland injury just pretty much killed most of the optimism I still had. For the first time this season I'm seriously concerned we're going to take a big hit in the standings. Luckily we have almost a week off and November looks like possibly our easiest month, but on the other side of the coin it could mean we struggle with the easiest part of the schedule and even if we're healthy later on, it's still going to be harder to get points in the tougher parts of the season.

Ugh... I'm really hoping that this is a storm we can weather, but I'm no longer feeling so confident. :(

Plus you got destroyed by a good team. Leafs have been living on the edge this year, outshot every game drastically but their goalteanding has been stellar and once again was against the nucks. However, the Leafs need to get their D together because your goalies are going to go through a rough patch at some point.

They've been getting horribly outshot, which needs to be remedied, but I don't think that's the be-all end-all of stats and feel that part of their system is in part just making their shots really count, which obviously skews things. Because, despite getting so horribly outshot, up until Saturday they had the best goal differential in the conference, and still manage to be #2 behind Pittsburgh.

If they can start playing consistent though, and get their defense to click (which I think they can manage if their roster gets healthy enough to be steady and reliable), I have no doubt they can go far. That's looking like a mighty big "if" right now, but they just gotta take it one game at a time.

In the meantime, I just spent some stupid money ordering an "Authentic" Winter Classic sweater (specifically Kessel's). But it's absolutely sick and is going to be so worth it! I'm not a superstitious person, but hopefully it'll help create some good juju :D

B101M7287-104X!CCM-17134.jpg

http://www.jerseycity.ca/store/B101M7287-104X!CCM/

The Flames fielded a new goalie and he actually played really well. Still, Hawks clearly took that game lightly.

NewWestBrewer said:
Plus you got destroyed by a good team. Leafs have been living on the edge this year, outshot every game drastically but their goalteanding has been stellar and once again was against the nucks. However, the Leafs need to get their D together because your goalies are going to go through a rough patch at some point.

Toronto hasn't beaten Vancouver in a decade. Everyone and their uncle saw that loss coming.

4/6 points on a road trip? I'll take it - don't care who the opponent was.

Toronto hasn't beaten Vancouver in a decade. Everyone and their uncle saw that loss coming.

4/6 points on a road trip? I'll take it - don't care who the opponent was.

Yeah, I suppose I'm being a bit fatalistic after just one game.

But the loss of Bolland bothered me way worse than the loss of one game to a good team. Especially since he'll likely be out for months at the very minimum. It also doesn't help that Bozak was put on LTIR...

Yeah, I suppose I'm being a bit fatalistic after just one game.

But the loss of Bolland bothered me way worse than the loss of one game to a good team. Especially since he'll likely be out for months at the very minimum. It also doesn't help that Bozak was put on LTIR...

I agree the loss of bolland will be big. I just don't think the way they are playing is a great model for success in a long season. I hate the Leafs but I give them props for winning games they shouldn't have. I do agree that the league is better when they are in the mix so hopefully they can keep this up and meet the Nucks in the finals and watch Vancouver raise the cup :rockin:

NewWestBrewer said:
I agree the loss of bolland will be big. I just don't think the way they are playing is a great model for success in a long season. I hate the Leafs but I give them props for winning games they shouldn't have. I do agree that the league is better when they are in the mix so hopefully they can keep this up and meet the Nucks in the finals and watch Vancouver raise the cup :rockin:

Season is long, don't wanna peak too soon!

But Toronto needs to get nasty again, which I think will happen as they play more division rivals.

Lol... Sharks were a -450 favorite over Buffalo... and lost. There's gonna be a lot of pissed off gamblers!

Rangers actually clicking tonight against the Pens.

How exactly do the playoffs work now? I understand top 3 in each division + 2 wild cards, but I'm wondering about seeding. For instance, what if 5 Atlantic teams have more points than the top 3 metropolitan teams? Does it get seeded by overall ranking within the conference, or do certain teams get guaranteed seeds (like how the division winners were each guaranteed top 3 seeds in the previous system)?

Rangers actually clicking tonight against the Pens.

How exactly do the playoffs work now? I understand top 3 in each division + 2 wild cards, but I'm wondering about seeding. For instance, what if 5 Atlantic teams have more points than the top 3 metropolitan teams? Does it get seeded by overall ranking within the conference, or do certain teams get guaranteed seeds (like how the division winners were each guaranteed top 3 seeds in the previous system)?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/the-explainer-new-nhl-playoff-seeding-format-1.1871216

You have the top 3 teams in each division - they're in.
Then you have the next 2 teams with the highest points from either division as the "wild cards"

So then take the 2 division leaders - the one with the most points will play the wild card team with the least points.
The other division leader will play the other wild card team.
That leaves spots 2 and 3 in each division - these teams simply play each other.

So if you had this:
ATLANTIC
1. Toronto (119 points, eventual stanley cup champions)
2. Tampa
3. Boston
4. Detroit (94 points, only 1 shootout win)
5. Florida (94 points, but 4 shootout wins)
6. Buffalo
7. Montreal
8. Ottawa

METROSEXUAL
1. Islanders (104 points)
2. Canes
3. Jackets
4. Rangers (93points)
5. Capitals (92points)
6. Flyers
7. Devils
8. Penguins

Your playoffs would look like this:
Toronto v. Florida
Islanders v. Detroit
Tampa v. Boston
Canes v. Jackets

Pennsylvania is left to suck it, along with Ottawa and Montreal fans pleasuring each other on those cool spring evenings while Canada's team steams along towards Stanley Cup Glory.

I hope this makes sense.

I hope this makes sense.

Nope.

I mean, I understand it, but I think they're trying too hard to make divisions matter a lot. I'd much rather have it still guarantee 3 teams from each division (and have them still matter in that sense), and then just seed #1 against #8, #2 against #7, etc.

And I assume they're still going to reseed after each round? I never really liked that - just create the initial brackets and let it play out!

Nope.

I mean, I understand it, but I think they're trying too hard to make divisions matter a lot. I'd much rather have it still guarantee 3 teams from each division (and have them still matter in that sense), and then just seed #1 against #8, #2 against #7, etc.

And I assume they're still going to reseed after each round? I never really liked that - just create the initial brackets and let it play out!

They've always re-seeded after each round. This isn't NCAA basketball.

It still guarantees 3 teams from each division. What's good is that now you don't have a team like Florida winning their terrible division and automatically getting 3rd seed. I like it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/the-explainer-new-nhl-playoff-seeding-format-1.1871216

You have the top 3 teams in each division - they're in.
Then you have the next 2 teams with the highest points from either division as the "wild cards"

So then take the 2 division leaders - the one with the most points will play the wild card team with the least points.
The other division leader will play the other wild card team.
That leaves spots 2 and 3 in each division - these teams simply play each other.

So if you had this:
ATLANTIC
1. Toronto (119 points, eventual stanley cup champions)
2. Tampa
3. Boston
4. Detroit (94 points, only 1 shootout win)
5. Florida (94 points, but 4 shootout wins)
6. Buffalo
7. Montreal
8. Ottawa

METROSEXUAL
1. Islanders (104 points)
2. Canes
3. Jackets
4. Rangers (93points)
5. Capitals (92points)
6. Flyers
7. Devils
8. Penguins

Your playoffs would look like this:
Toronto v. Florida
Islanders v. Detroit
Tampa v. Boston
Canes v. Jackets

Pennsylvania is left to suck it, along with Ottawa and Montreal fans pleasuring each other on those cool spring evenings while Canada's team steams along towards Stanley Cup Glory.

I hope this makes sense.

Nope.....:ban:

Man, as bad as the Sens have played tonight, I'm amazed they're leading the Habs right now. This is some ridiculously bad hockey by the good guys tonight.

The next time Toronto and Buffalo meet will be on November 15. And yours truly has tickets! Now spending an evening in America's Armpit doesn't seem so bad...

I'll be at either that game or the one on the 29th. Right up front too... Might as well get amazing seats when they're cheaper than most Toronto seats.

Sens are undefeated this year! I think they have a realistic shot to go 82-0 this year.

Bwahahahaha

I'll come out and say it, the Blackhawks are not going to repeat as champions and will not have the type of season they had last year.
Here is why:

[...]

3. teams like the Oilers and the Stars have made significant improvements over last year.

See reply to prior quote.

Nope.....:ban:

Man, as bad as the Sens have played tonight, I'm amazed they're leading the Habs right now. This is some ridiculously bad hockey by the good guys tonight.

Good job beating the turd Habs. Price - hahahah.

My mythical fantasy land standings were designed to get your attention!

Frikkin A. Wings give up the game in the 3rd. Stupid penalty. Abdelkader could have easily skated around the net, but no, he has to try and cut in front and take a goalie interference.

And the late goals constantly.

Yes. I blame the younger guys. I think when they are younger they tend to relax more with a lead. Hopefully they will work themselves out of that habit soon.

Datsyuk's goal was kind of pretty, and I laughed pretty hard when the Star player fell. It looked like a comedy movie bit. Like Chris Farley woulda done.

Yes. I blame the younger guys. I think when they are younger they tend to relax more with a lead. Hopefully they will work themselves out of that habit soon.

Datsyuk's goal was kind of pretty, and I laughed pretty hard when the Star player fell. It looked like a comedy movie bit. Like Chris Farley woulda done.

Or Quincy. Seems like he is always falling over.

can someone please explain what happened to the preds tonight and where the Fu*K the jest came from.

Funny, I'm wondering the same thing here in the 'Peg. :mug:

It was like watching the Bizarro-Jets...I'm used to seeing blow-outs (Jets 1.0 and 2.0), but usually, the score works the other way.

Latest posts

Back