Equal parts Munich/Vienna/Pils?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sivdrinks

Reaction score
I guess this could fall under Vienna Lager or Marzen but I'm planning to pitch with Notty around 62, want something quick. Anyone use 1/3 of each in a beer with ale yeast? Wondering if it'll be too sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Basically its a mocktoberfest. Nottingham is a fine attenuater, it shouldnt be sweet, at least with a reasonable mash temp. If you keep it cool, it should be fairly cleanish, and a few weeks of cold conditioning help pretty much any beer. Ive done similar with 1335 in a pinch.

Mocktoberfest, nice, I'm stealing that. And I just read up on a Dampfbier, interesting. I guess I learned what Krausening is too although it seems it would be hard to control the level of carbonation. Would 'be a way to save c02 if you're really cheap huh.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Sounds pretty much like what I did recently - I mashed around 151 and used 1007 yeast fermented cool for a fantastic Oktoberfest-style ale.

Back