Epoxy resin for keezer top, whats my best option?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do know that they both have these available, are they any good? I do not know. I would like to hear some people different experiences on using these products.

I my work I use 2 part epoxy just about every day. You can find 2 part epoxy in both Lowes and HD in the paint department. You will have to ask for 'pour on epoxy" or the people working there will not know what you are talking about.

The kits sold there do not include any UV protection so if the kegerator is going to get any direct sunlight over extended periods it will turn yellowish. The epoxy I use has UV protection but is only sold in commercial quantities (2 gallons) but the store brands should work just fine.

Some cautions are:
Be sure to measure each part very carefully
Use a foam brush and not a bristle brush
Do NOT use a hair drier or heat gun to pop the bubbles because they will blow dust motes all over the finish. Instead use a long handle lighter (not the torch type but the regular flame type)
Turn off the heat/AC to keep the dust particles down so the finish is mirror clear
The temperature should be above 70 degrees and remain above that for at least 4 hours for the epoxy to set properly

2 part epoxy is very forgiving so if you make a mistake you can easily fix it with another properly applied coat.

Thank you guys I went with the HD kit. Applying it tonight.

Applied the first coat last night and it has almost completely cured. Besides a couple spots it is almost perfect, a second application should fix the flaws.

Back