Entering Invoices (BTP)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocktheKnife

Reaction score
I have Beer Tools Pro for Mac and I'm running into an annoying and time-consuming process - updating inventory amounts and costs.
My process has been to find each item I've ordered on the database and add it to my inventory. Then I sort my inventory by quantity and add the amounts I've just ordered, then edit the entry, primarily for color and price.

My primary issues have been:

While adding products (yeast, grains, hops, etc) it is laborious to choose a suitable template from the ingredient database, switch to my inventory, update amount, and then update cost or lot-to-lot variability.

Sometimes I cannot remember whether I have already ordered a specific product (e.g. Briess Organic Roasted Barley, Simpsons Roasted Barley, and some other generic) and wind up with multiples. So I'll have 3 LB english roasted barley I've just added and another entry of mostly-used-up .18lb english roasted barley that I have not been alerted to, and which, once used, will be an empty duplicate that will not go away without me manually trimming it out.

There are numerous other little tediums that arise from these issues, so my question is: Is there a streamlined way to enter these data, (ideally by sku, since I order from only a couple suppliers) or does another program have it figured out? Or what?...

Back