enough yeast left in suspension?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had my Oktoberfest sitting at 37 degrees now for about three weeks.
Thats after 10 days of primary fermentation at 60, ramped it up to 70 for a couple of days then dropped to where it is now...
When I'm ready to bottle, will there be enough yeast still viable for bottle conditioning after I prime, or might it take longer in the bottles???

Thanks, B

You should be fine. I have only lagered three times, but the shortest was for six weeks and all three were nicely carbed within three weeks.

You'll be fine, I've let beers hang around for months and months before and never had a problem carbing.

Be sure to use simple sugar like table or corn instead of DME, measure your water volume accurately and use a carbonation calculator. Those are the important things.

There will ALWAYS be yeast in suspension. There's no two ways about it, they're a hardy group of bastards. Haha!

I think that bottling when it is still very cold is a better idea, but it might just be a personal preference sort of thing.

Back