Eno 15 crusher/destemmer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwebb

Reaction score
I purchased this POS on craigslist late last year. I just ran 200 lbs. of Concords through it yesterday and am very disappointed. Most of the stems came down the chute along with the crushed grapes. Very few stems made it out the side like they are supposed to. It was purchased from St. Patrick's in Texas. I emailed them and the response I got back was "works with vinifera grapes not table grapes like Concord". I am pissed off. Nowhere does it state this in the paperwork or on the net.
I listed it back on Craigslist and said heck with it.

I purchased this POS on craigslist late last year. I just ran 200 lbs. of Concords through it yesterday and am very disappointed. Most of the stems came down the chute along with the crushed grapes. Very few stems made it out the side like they are supposed to. It was purchased from St. Patrick's in Texas. I emailed them and the response I got back was "works with vinifera grapes not table grapes like Concord". I am pissed off. Nowhere does it state this in the paperwork or on the net.
I listed it back on Craigslist and said heck with it.
The ENO-15 is an excellent crusher/destemmer. St. Pats is a terrible vender. You need to adjust the roller distance for Concords (as per the instruction manual that St. Pats didn't send you: http://www.stpats.com/crusherNotes.htm), as it comes from the factory adjusted for smaller grapes.

I also bought a ENO-15 from St.Pats a few years ago and have been satisfied with it. The rollers do need to be adjusted for various grape sizes that come through it. It seems to struggle with small tight clusters like Foch or Leon Millot while it cranks through the larger Chambourcin grapes like nothing. I found that the screen underneath is very effective at removing stems for the large clusters but will let stems from small clusters through. I'm surprised that the op had trouble with Concord given how my crusher works.

I tend to agree that St Pats can be trouble to work with. Incomplete instructions. Shoddy shipping crates. However they do have a good selection of equipment and are prompt at shipping it out.

One of the last tanks I had shipped from them had a 7ft high crate panel come free in the delivery truck and nearly hit the driver in the head as he opened the rear door!

Back