energy wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadmaker101

Reaction score
I was sitting on my couch drinking my new batch of wine and I was thinking for the next batch. I would use energy drink (monster) preferred. To replace the water. Then use honey, orange, and cloves to make a new interesting mead. What do you guys think do u think the energy drink is even possible to turn into wine. it would be great if anyone knows if it will work. And what I should use to kill off the perservitives if its possible.

hahaha...good luck dude. Monster's probably got enough preservatives to mummify you. If you get it to ferment, you should get some sort of award.

I was sitting on my couch drinking my new batch of wine and I was thinking for the next batch. I would use energy drink (monster) preferred. To replace the water. Then use honey, orange, and cloves to make a new interesting mead. What do you guys think do u think the energy drink is even possible to turn into wine. it would be great if anyone knows if it will work. And what I should use to kill off the perservitives if its possible.

Use it as mixer instead?

Also standard disclaimer about energy supplements and alcohol.

Haha lol :p damn well I got the idea from ginzing wine. But I wouldnt like the tase of it so the next thing I thought of was the energy drink lol

Thats the thing though I don't like tea or coffee. Thats why I wanted to see if it was possible to use energy drinks.

Ya I guess u can say that. Lol I totally for got about 4 loco but I hated those too not enough flavor in it.

If you're really hell-bent on it you could add all the crap added to energy drinks in secondary. Anhydrous caffeine and ginseng etc come to mind. My only question really would be a resounding "WHY?"

Lol haha it was just an idea for new batch of wine thats all it was. Im thinking out of the box like maybe use water melon joly rancher in the second container after racking it or maybe heat up some water then melt some sweedish fish candies then let it cool then toss it in the second container after racking it. Stuff like that to give a very unique flavor thats out of the ordinary.

If watermelon Jolly ranchers are gettin in to the mix just soak a bunch of like-flavored ones in vodka and add some of that SYRUP, (you know what I mean). If you really wanna go that route mix separately and with caution, that way you minimize risk. I know it's just a playful idea, but it could turn wrong quick. Safe drinking.

If watermelon Jolly ranchers are gettin in to the mix just soak a bunch of like-flavored ones in vodka and add some of that SYRUP, (you know what I mean). If you really wanna go that route mix separately and with caution, that way you minimize risk. I know it's just a playful idea, but it could turn wrong quick. Safe drinking.

You mean to just mix the jolly ranchers in just voda then mix it in the wine. I wouldnt think vodka and wine wont go together very well.

Back