enable ads please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nthammer

Reaction score
Got sick of auto-playing video ads with sound and no mute/stop button, so I installed adblock today, wow are websites cleaner now.

except on HBT, there are these 'enable ads please' pictures up that are of hilarious things like a panda, old lady, dog.

wtf?? I don't see these on other sites, would still rather see these then have an ad randomly start blaring through my speakers!!

This site generates part of its revenue from the ads. Revenue that is needed to keep this place running. The "please enable ads" thing is a response to the AdBlock app to remind you of that fact.

As a forum supporter, though, you can simply turn ads off, and not see the "please enable ads banners". No AdBlock required.

Or you can turn off AdBlock (or at least disable for the HBT domain) AND enable ads, if you really want to help them out. :D

Got sick of auto-playing video ads with sound and no mute/stop button, so I installed adblock today, wow are websites cleaner now.

except on HBT, there are these 'enable ads please' pictures up that are of hilarious things like a panda, old lady, dog.

wtf?? I don't see these on other sites, would still rather see these then have an ad randomly start blaring through my speakers!!

I hate those autoplay ads. You see them, right click, get me the link and I will eliminate them.

For the record I run full ads. I won't subject anyone to anything I won't endure.

Back