Empty keg storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesFCHB

Reaction score
I just started kegging and kicked the first keg of IPA. Not ready yet to refill with a new brew. What do most of you do with the keg while waiting? Wash, rinse, sanitize and let dry while open or close it up then re-sanitize when ready to use or any other storage method.
Thanks

rinse it out and close it up....when you're ready to fill clean and sanitize it prior to filling.

On the occasion I don't have a brew waiting on an empty keg, I always thoroughly clean the kicked keg and rinse it with Star San before setting it aside...

Cheers!

I just started kegging and kicked the first keg of IPA. Not ready yet to refill with a new brew. What do most of you do with the keg while waiting? Wash, rinse, sanitize and let dry while open or close it up then re-sanitize when ready to use or any other storage method.

Thanks

I rinse my empty kegs thoroughly & clean w/ a soak of B-Brite and hot water for 30 min to an hour. I then run about a gallon of this the ought the liquid line & tap the keg was used on followed by a good rinse of the keg then the line. Last I put about a gallon of Star San in the keg shake it and empty. Last I apply a little CO2 to seal the keg but don't complete pressurize. Now my keg is ready for use as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back