• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Empty Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drink a case of beer? I know some guy have gone to local distributor and grabbed bottles turned in for recycling.

No brew shops in the city? What about asking at a local bar if you can buy a case of used bottles off them for a few bucks. Of course god knows what customers have left in those bottles!

I told a few people at work that I was looking for empties. Within a matter of weeks word had spread and I had to tell them to stop. I have about 250 regular empties and about a dozen bombers sitting in my garage waiting for me to brew. And brew. And brew. And brew. And brew.

I told a few people at work that I was looking for empties. Within a matter of weeks word had spread and I had to tell them to stop. I have about 250 regular empties and about a dozen bombers sitting in my garage waiting for me to brew. And brew. And brew. And brew. And brew.

THIS ^^^

and I bet most new brewers have done much the same.
I put the word out on two local forums and in days i had more bottles then I can use...

Like my LHBS guy told me.. You don't buy bottles weeks out.. you buy bottles the day of bottling and you realize you are 20 bottles of what you need.

Everyone I know saves me their bottles for me, when I'm overrun and don't have anywhere to store them, I put a sale ad on craigslist and generally move them same day, helps pay for the brews as well... win win situation

Local bar also saves me bottles occasionally, the biggest thing they save me though are 6-pack carriers

Latest posts

Back