Emergency Brew or what to drink when the pipeline is dry.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abita Party pack. 12 pck $14.
2 Turbodog
2 Amber
2 Harvest
2 jakamo pale ale
2 Restoration
2 purple haze

Nice mix, but heck, my keg is carbed up:mug:

Dry pipeline? I have yet to experience this phenomenon.

unfortunately I have. :cross:

but it is a good thing.
because it means that the full conversion to AG and Kegging is underway.

which means that soon there will be :mug: and :tank:

With the 3-tier distribution system in Oregon, it's not much more expensive to buy the good stuff from the breweries. I paid $25 for a case of Tannen Bomb last month.

I'll usually get a Chimay or a Sam Adams black lager if there's no special brews to be found. When I'm at the future in-law's house we'll go down to the Etna Brewery and get a growler of one of their beers.

I haven't experienced the infamous "dry pipeline" for some time now so to be honest I don't know what I would drink, because a six pack of micro is going for $8-$9 I'd probably be drinking water (I don't even remember what that tastes like). :D

If i have to buy something it is usually Great Lakes. Commodore Perry (IPA) and Edmund Fitzgerald (Porter) are both very good and I also like the 4-packs, Blackout Stout (RIS) and Nosferatu (Strong Ale).
Ofcourse I really havn't been dry since I started brewing so purchasing something like this is rare. When I do purchase beer it is nearly always something I have not had before.

Craig

I don't need a dry pipeline to go buy commercial brews but I usually take the opportunity to buy examples of the next style I intend to brew. Got a fridge full of different Belgians at the moment...

If I just need some less-expensive supermarket brew to hold me over I go for Blue Moon or the Michelob sampler or even a Bud American Ale.

It's a variety for me. My commercial beer selection is typically pretty varied so I have a lot to choose from. The one thing I don't keep on stock that I should is IPA. Never have the hops when I crave them most.

:mug:Three letters PBR, Or If I absolutlly need a full flavored variety I head to the Cornacopia Deli and Bottle Market. They always have around 5 or 6 taps from breweries up and down the west coast they change regularly.
:mug:

Here's my go to emergancy beer. Great box & bottles too for 83 cents per bottle with beer.

SNPAatSamsClub.jpg

I am feeling the dry pipeline blues. Been dumping all my spare money into my kegerator to finish it up. but I did order ingredients for a 10 Gallon Batch of a SMaSH. Monday I will finally have beer in the works again.

Well, regardless of what gets you out of the dry spell you need to make plans so this doesn't happen again. That means at least two batches of Apfelwein stored someplace incase of apocolypse and you doing a double batch of something tasty really quick. Like yesterday! Mueve Te Amigo!

I'll drink 7/7s in the unlikely event that I'm out of homebrew. I went on a family vacation at Burt Lake Michigan this summer. My brother & I drank quite a few Bell's Two Hearted. Goose Island makes some fine beer & usually price it a touch cheaper than the other micros...

Back