Element Firing Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adpostel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone show a video or a pic of an element firing lamp on their brew controller? I understand the importance of having a separate firing lamp, but I am trying to build a compact controller and space is at a premium, so I would like to see a functioning "element firing light" if it's possible.

Thanks

This is the EZboil310. You can see the small “OUT” light on. It flickers too based on percent power. I have the red light also but it’s not on with no water over elements.

Attachments

• BD2B80EA-C756-43EF-AC3D-F34AED2D1526.jpeg
    BD2B80EA-C756-43EF-AC3D-F34AED2D1526.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
So when you're mashing or boiling, when your small green light is flickering off and on, is,the red one doing the same? I'm assuming your red one is wired in parallel with the output to the element, correct?

Yes they both do the same. I have 2 separate 120v circuits and wanted big red light confirmations when either element is firing. Yes, it is wired (neutral & hot) from the element contactor.

If space is a concern, there's no need for the big 22mm lamps that are common on various builds. Something like this (in 110 or 220 as appropriate) would work as well: Indicator Lamp
That is good to know... I have a few of those on my current controller, so I think I'll use that...

I'll go with the PID Controller
LED Selector switches for:
Main Power
Element Power
2 Separate Pumps
And a small light for the "Element Firing" indicator.

Not sure how well a video of a panel would match what your eyes see. There are all kinds of image artifacts associated with digital cameras. That and the fact that the pulse rate and video frame rate are harmonics could give some weird results. Don't have a video of panel lights, but here's what an airplane propeller looks like in digital video. Your eyes don't see this.

Prop-video-noise.gif

Brew on :mug:

Back