Electric valve wiring query

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am rewiring my system as my automated controller died, to a PID system. My valves (8) are all 3 wire design with one wire to positive and one to common (gang wired). The third wire went to the controller and I do not know whether it needs to be common (ground/negative) or to positive. Advice on how to finish wiring to switch would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike

Manufacturer and PN for the valves? No one can help you without that kind of info. Are they on/off valves, or proportioning valves?

Brew on :mug:

You can safely just test the third wire by (with the positive and negative wires connected and powered) connecting it to ground, then see what happens. Then remove it and see what happens. If it goes one direction but not the other, connect it to positive voltage (no more than your controller runs off of).

Sorry I had my system inadvertently storage building. The clear one is for the 7 2 way valves and the fuzzy one is for the 1 3 way valve.
20180804_144635.jpeg
20180804_201345.jpeg

Latest posts

Back