Electric Fermentation Heater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djgibson202

Reaction score
I just brewed a batch of crooked tree IPA and placed it in the primary yesterday. I taped on an electric heater I purchased from AIH, but I have no temp control unit. Should I leave it on? Or will the beer get to warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I wouldn't just leave it on and forget about it without temperature control of some sort (even if that's just a thermometer and regularly checking in on it).

I just unplugged it. I left the electric heater taped to it for the past 24 hrs. Hopefully the beer still turns out well. Going to order a digital temp control unit before I use the heater again.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm doing the same maintaining it between 68~72 but constantly checking temp and have it on a setting where it comes on every 20 mins or so and stays on for about 10 mins, just keep checking on it if u can if u have to leave I would leave door open and central heat around.

Latest posts

Back