Electric Control help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
I've tried searching but there is so much info...........

I am not very electrical.

But I have figured out that I can brew electrically using my stove outlet. Pull the stove out plug in brew and then put stove back. Not ideal I know but I rent so what are you gonna do?

All the auto temp controlled stuff is a bit beyond me I am just looking for a how to on how to build a control box to plug the elements into for making it easy to hook up and turn them on and off.

I would use a 4500w element in the HLT and one in BK. Basically building a Brutus 10 type system replacing the propane burners with electricity.

So I just want a simple control box setup on/off control for the elements. I will just use regular dial type thermometers and turn the elements off and on as needed. Maybe I could incorporate the on/off switch to the pump as well.

Is there a how to somewhere that shows how to wire something like this up?

Also is it OK to make or buy and extension cord for the 240 outlet? Maybe even a Y cord? Pull stove plug in Y then plug stove and extension into Y put stove back. Then I could hide the extension cord for the brewery behind the fridge when not in use. Possible?

I don't think there is a how-to for this, but what you want is about as simple as it gets.

power cable comes in from the wall, connects to two power switches, and out of the power switches and to two receptacles where you will plug your kettles in.

Would you like this drawn up?

Back