Electric brewery planning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sictransit701

Reaction score
I’m in the planning stages of going electric. Right now I’m thinking of a two vessel system. I’m trying to decide on a setup which will then help me decide which controller I’ll go with. My two options are:

Rims tube for the mash. Seems simple, but I would have to have two controllers or use one controller and disconnect and reconnect swapping out between mash and boil.
or
The “infinity loop” setup heating the mash with the boil kettle like this Wort Hog 2-Vessel │ 15 gallon
I don’t have an auto sparge because I have tc ports. But I like the simplicity of having one heating element and one controller. Keeping the wort levels might be a pain.

Depending on your budget also look at what ebrewsupply.com offers. I have their new 50amp back to back panel on order (ETA is before 5/29). They have panels that will do one element at a time (IIRC, 30amp systems) so you won't need to disconnect elements when using (it uses switches).

I'm in the mode of "buy once, cry once" plus I have CC's with more than enough limit to get the nicer/better things. ;)

Back