electric brew pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonster

Reaction score
Hey all,

Are there any written plans to make an electric brew pot?
Jkarp, I looked at BYO and I could not find the plans for your brutus set up.

or am I looking in the wrong place?

I do 3 gallon batches. looking to boil inside instead of outside.

THank you in advance

mike

There are several here, using many different methods. You'd be better off doing a search yourself than having me describe them to you. We have everything from very basic and easy, to complex process control systems. I don't do electric yet myself, but I'm planning to likely convert this winter so I've been doing some homework. Go ahead and ask specific questions if you like.

we have used our stove for 7.5 gallon brews, granted it took a while to get up to temp, it did work. For mashing we could set our oven to as low as 150 so we would mashin the oven and it would hold temp for us.... just a thought

For larger batches, the electric turkey fryers don't have enough power, but for only a 3 gallon batch, IMO it would work well. This is the one I have and only paid $50 shipped. The list price on these things is rediculous IMO, but if you can pick one up cheap, you could brew day 1 and not have to DIY.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Charmglow-Elect...all_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item3ef9a1d7c3

If you want to build one, a 2000w element on a 20 amp circuit in a 32 qt kettle should be adequate.

Hey all,

Are there any written plans to make an electric brew pot?
Jkarp, I looked at BYO and I could not find the plans for your brutus set up.

or am I looking in the wrong place?

I do 3 gallon batches. looking to boil inside instead of outside.

THank you in advance

mike

BYO hasn't updated the site for November yet where they should be posting the full parts list. Here's the link to the full Countertop Brutus 20 build which has even more detail. Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions as well.

Latest posts

Back