Elder betty clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterTheBrew

Reaction score
Hey guys! I want to brew a clone of magic hats elder betty. Its a weiss style. Anyone have anu suggestions on what ingredients to use?? (extract)

Master:

I went to the Craft Beer Festival in Chicago this past weekend and had the chance to taste Elder Betty for the first time. I enjoyed it and -- out of curiosity -- went online to find the ingredients.

I'm relatively new to Home Brewing, but check out the Magic Hat Website. They have tasting videos that offer up the vitals on most (if not all) of their beers.

Elder Betty - Weiss Ale
Yeast: American Hefeweizen
Hops: Apollo
Malts: 2-Row Pale, Wheat

Let us know if you make a clone and how it turns out.

J.

Big secondary on Elderberries I am guessing. Idk, the beer really didnt shine for me when I tasted it. It was really mellow and the elderberry character was nowhere near as pronounced as I'd hoped. Maybe your clone will be an amped up version! Goodluck

Awesome thanks guys! I will.check out the site! I am planning on brewing this soon so I will let you know how it turns out.

How did it turn out and what did you end up using? I was going to do this one this summer instead of my normal #9 clone.

Back