ECY Trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz4121

Reaction score
I have some fresh ECY19-Brettanomyces Custersianus that I'd like to trade for other ECY yeast. In particular, I'm looking for ECY05-Brett Brux or ECY29-Northeast Ale. I already have ECY01, 02, and 04 en route but would be open to other strains as well.

I have ECY05 in a pure culture. I'd love to trade. I've never traded yeast. How do we go about it?

From my (limited) experience it just requires a vial of some sort (I have 50 and 25mL screw top conical tubes). Fill her up and ship her out, I guess. I've only traded twice so I'm not very well versed either, but I think it's important to use a container that can be screwed shut to prevent leakage. Others also enclose in a zip log bag just in case.

I would love to trade for that ECY05. I have enough starter culture for a 50 or 25mL conical tube.

trying to round out my collection of east coast yeast. I am looking for ECY06 - Berliner Blend, ECY23 - Oud Bruin, ECY03-B FHB Pure Strain and ECY30- Brett naardenensis. Particularly interested in the bretts but would like all four if possible. I have plenty of ECY19 to trade

Old thread, but I've been trying to get a hold of Custersianus for a little while. I haven't been able to snag any ECY, but would you be willing to trade for some of Cascade's lacto, which I've grown up from Sang Noir dregs? It's a pretty quick-working aggressive lacto strain, which I've used to get a berliner weisse sour in under a week. It's rumored to be a lacto brevis strain, and I saw that the ECY lacto brevis has been delayed.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I brewed a 100% custersianus Citra IPA a few months ago, and I couldn't get over the hay phenolic/ester. What kinds of recipes are working well this this strain (I don't recommend 100% custersianus IPA!)?

I'm mainly hoping to add some to my sours. I haven't been able to get my hands on any yet, so I can't speak to it's use. Thanks for the warning against the 100% IPA. I've got a Brett Trois IPA that came out pretty well, so I was thinking about doing the same some time if I can get some custersianus.

Wowa Dan, you didn't like it?
I brewed a 100% Cust. dark bitter(very hoppy with Glacier) and a 100% Cust stout which were both bloody great. Quite similar to Trois in my opinion, but with more dark fruit as opposed to tropical.
OP, if you can wait until I am out of hospital, I will send you some from Thailand,which I scored by way of the amazing Bear Flavored.
PM me

The batch I brewed at the end of Dec may still have viable dregs if you are interested. The beer came out great, wish ECY didn't discontinue that strain

I brewed an American brown ale with the vial I got from Badlee. It worked great. Overripe/mushy tropical fruit aroma, and now starting to get some mousy barnyard character. I like the different flavors it contributes, and will definitely add it to some of my sours next.

Thanks Badlee! I'll try to keep a bit of this viable, in case anyone else wants to do a trade in the future.

I am very happy you like how it turned out and what this strain brought to the table.
I am hoping to do another stout with it soon

I am looking for ecy 19 and ecy 24. I have a few other ECY strains I can trade as well a bunch of other strains I have

Back