Ebay Temp Controller Displaying "HHH"-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelikesit2000

Reaction score
Apparently this means that it senses a temp of +110*. My garage is about 60*right now. My worry is that I will be mashing and boiling at + 110*. does this mean that these temp controllers will not work for my application?
IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

Uhhh.... kinda lacking a bit of information, bro!

What particular temp controller is this?
How's it hooked up?
What is it monitoring?
What type of temp sensors are you using?
How did you program it? (they usually require configuration).

Uhhh.... kinda lacking a bit of information, bro!

What particular temp controller is this?
How's it hooked up?
What is it monitoring?
What type of temp sensors are you using?
How did you program it? (they usually require configuration).

The controller is 120v single stage Ebay temp controller.
Right now its hooked up to the power supply, and is being used in Manual mode. It is monitoring my empty vessels. It is connected to these Probes
The programming seems to be simple. Not a bunch of choices. Can only calibrate temp 12*.

You sure it's wired up properly? The specs on the STC-1000 (if that is indeed what you have) say that it's good to 99C.

Wait, I see you have it wired to a Type-K Thermocouple. The probe for that particular unit is an NTC Thermistor if I'm not mistaken. This is the most likely cause for your HHH error, you need to use the proper temp probes.

http://www.enercorp.com/temp/Thermistors_comparision.html

You may be able to use the original temp probes with a thermowell, I purchased a 6" SS Thermowell from the Ebay Seller Mainlandvf that is built like a tank. There should be enough room to slide the original temp probe in to it.

Wait, I see you have it wired to a Type-K Thermocouple. The probe for that particular unit is an NTC Thermistor if I'm not mistaken. This is the most likely cause for your HHH error, you need to use the proper temp probes.

http://www.enercorp.com/temp/Thermistors_comparision.html

You may be able to use the original temp probes with a thermowell, I purchased a 6" SS Thermowell from the Ebay Seller Mainlandvf that is built like a tank. There should be enough room to slide the original temp probe in to it.
That was it. I connected the original sensors and it registers 50* in my garage.
The k type probes that I bought have a thermowell attached. I will just pull out the k sensor and slide the one that works in.

Thanks for the help.

Glad I could be of assistance, now get that system up and running and make some beer! :tank:

Back