Easy Keggle Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty cool. Any advice on if I should do this if I'm only going to be doing 5 gal batches for a while? I want to do full boils as my current pot doesn't really allow for that. This would be a much more economical option then buying a $100+ pot.
Thanks!

Iqbal624 said:
Looks pretty cool. Any advice on if I should do this if I'm only going to be doing 5 gal batches for a while? I want to do full boils as my current pot doesn't really allow for that. This would be a much more economical option then buying a $100+ pot.
Thanks!

Thanks for checking out my article!

I'd say go for it, I do five gallon batches in my keggles all the time with out any problem. Locate a keg and have at it.

A jig with a grinder and cut off wheel is going to make a much cleaner hole than the one in the tutorial.

Just sayin'

Thanks!

Keggles are excellent for 5 gallon batches

The disk shown in the article is for clean up not making the cut. A jig is a great option to make it nice and round. I prefer to cut that step out and free hand which still results in a nice opening with out the work to make a jig.

A jig with a grinder and cut off wheel is going to make a much cleaner hole than the one in the tutorial.

Just sayin'

The disk shown in the article is for clean up not making the cut. A jig is a great option to make it nice and round. I prefer to cut that step out and free hand which still results in a nice opening with out the work to make a jig.

What are you talking about tasq, you can cut a keg free hand and get a nice round circle. I just used the keg handle/rim to guide the grinder gaurd round in a circle. Keep the grinder upright and just work slowly, i.e. don't try cut through on the first cut, go round a good 10+ times and your golden. As Dub said, you can probably cut 3 kegs (nicely) quicker than the time it would take to make the jig.

Back