Eastern VA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
How long does it take you guys to get to DC? It takes about 2 hours from Richmond. I was thinking about moving farther east this fall but I would rather not extend my travel time to NJ and VT.

HurricaneFloyd said:
How long does it take you guys to get to DC? It takes about 2 hours from Richmond. I was thinking about moving farther east this fall but I would rather not extend my travel time to NJ and VT.

SWMBO is from North Jersey (Wayne) and it takes us about two hours to DC or six to Northern Jersey if traffic is reasonable (it usually isn't). Although living in the Hampton area you could take the bridge tunnel up through Maryland and Delaware, not sure of the time but a less stressfull trip. The Cape May/ Lewes ferry is an option we take coming home sometimes, that takes you right to the parkway.

I'm always looking for options to travel up to NJ by avoiding DC or Baltimore, lately we just leave on Thursday night after she gets off of work.

It takes me about 5 1/2 to get to Central Jersey. I just take 95n and occasional I take 295 to avoid DC but then I get right back on 95 through Baltimore and DE, then onto another 295 to cross the Del Memorial Bridge and take that all the way to Princeton.

Back