easteen european beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamboo902

Reaction score
Good day

I'm a new brew maker from nb canada.

I bought the wine kit of my neighbor and I'm looking to make a beer that would taste like a grolsh or a schezvar. ( easter european beer as german, Ukrainian and czech republic)

Unfortunately, I have poor or little knowledge about the ingredients. I am whiling to buy a boiling set to create beer with fresh ingredients if needed.

Could anyone give me tricks/ingredients/mix that could help me to create that kind of beer

Thanks

the biggest issue is that those are lager beers, which require consistent and low temperatures. you need to ferment below 60 and then store cold in the 30s. most people don't have the equipment to do this out the gate and therefore start with Ales, which ferment at room temperature and don't require cold storage. There are similar ales that might get you where you want to go. Cream Ale, Kolsch, and Blonde Ale styles are worth looking into.

Back