east TN guy riding the learning curve ;j

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edsrockin

Reaction score
Hey all

I am new to brewing but have done a LOT of research since getting my Christmas present ( a brewing kit) but my third batch is currently in the primary. I am only setup for partial boil extract brewing at this point but hope to expand my equipment to be able to eventually get into all-grain and full boil capability one day.

I have been able to taste my first effort, which was a Brewer's Best English Brown Ale. It tasted much like a Fat Tire to me, just not as bold. The second batch is also a Brewer's Best kit which was a European Bock. It currently is in bottles waiting to be tasted sometime next week. The third, a Brewer's Best IPA is in the primary and just started fermenting yesterday (from a Sat. night brew session.

I live about 40 miles east of Knoxville, TN so if anyone is in the area hit me up and maybe we can arrange to get together sometime.

Thanks to all for the input. This is a helpful resource for us getting our feet wet. Also it seems to be a good resource to share information just in general. I look forward to learning and getting better at brewing.

hoppy brewing

Welcome!

I drive through Newport from time to time.

I'm in Knoxville and brand new to brewing too! My first batch is still in the primary now (WindRiver's Lake Pepin Porter). Maybe we can meet up sometime.

You might be close to Rebel Brewers. They seem like a pretty cool place for a home brew supply.

barc -- next time you do let me know maybe we can arrange to get together

borovy -- that sounds good

thanks everyone.

Back