E-Brew Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Town9

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Friends,

I've been slowly building out my basement electric brewery and I'm at a small crossroads. I need to know how deep I should build my brew table (it will be wooden/workbench style). Right now my plan is 30" deep, but my mockup feels like that might be too much. Here's the data:

1. Each kettle is 30 gallon, roughly 20" in diameter.

2. The element and probe wiring will run behind the kettles to the control panel (which will be in between the farthest right kettle and the sink.

3. The silicone tubing will run in front of the kettles to the pumps.

Do you guys have any recommendations about table depth for 30 gallon e-brew kettles? Any help is appreciated, a lot of the rest of the buildout depends on the size of that table. Thanks!

-Ben

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

You will hardly ever regret building a work area with more surface area than you actually need. Crunch the numbers for what you think you need now and in the future, then add 10% to that. Engineering 101.

Yes, good advice, my original game plan was to build it big. The balance I’m working with now is that the brew bench is eating into the rest of the space where I have another work table planned.

I wasn’t sure if there was an industry standard out there for e-brewing like “kettle diameter plus 7” for depth. It seems like people are usually tied to the depth of commercial stainless work tables which is not a constraint for me.

Back