Dunkle and bock questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trigger_andy

Reaction score
Hey all,
some more questions. :D

Ive stated a Munich Dunkle and a Bock from some reciies I found on here but Im struggling to find a good fermentation schedule for them.

Last night I pitched at 46f and raised the temp to 50f and was expecting to see some action today (24 hours later) but nothing. WHat could I have done wrong?

What yeast are you using and what is the ideal range suggested by the manufacturer?

More than likely, it is just that you aren't noticing anything happening. This is good news. You shouldn't see anything exciting with a lager. If you do, you're probably WAY too warm.

If you made a starter, did you size it according to a yeast pitch calculator? If not, you may have under pitched, resulting in a longer lag time.

Always keep in mind that fermentation can take 72 hours to show any signs. If you don't see krausen after 73 hours, check the gravity. If it's the same as when you started, ask your question again and someone on here will give you more/better advice. Until then, DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO YOUR BEER. Lots of people ruin perfectly good beer by "fixing" it.

RDWHAHB.

Many thinks for your reply! :) helped a lot. It's all going fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back