Duda diesel questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonianBrewer

Reaction score
I recently inherited a Dudadesil ( DUDAHX-B3-23A-20ST ) how well do these work ? I will be implementing it onto a 15 gallon system. In up in MA so ground water for the counter flow will generally be on the cooler side ? Is it to small, will I have to recurculate back into the kettle ?
1525838581967.jpeg

Greetings fellow Commonweathian :)
The B3-23A series is recommended by DD for home brew scale chilling, you can see the relative performance of their chillers in their pdf. I have a B3-23A 30 plate model and using my mid-50s°F well water it's definitely single pass and pretty darned quick at getting 10 gallons of wort into carboys.

fwiw here's an old build shot of how I rigged mine up on my brew stand (it's on a pivot and can be locked tucked in for storage or swung out for use). An SS tee with a short-stemmed dial thermometer on the wort output, male camlocks on both wort ports and GHT disconnects on the water ports enable quick hook up when needed, and the valves right there on the water side are convenient for tuning the wort output temperature...

chiller_01_sm.jpg

Cheers!

I also have the 20 plate model... no complaints in 5 years using it. I do use hop spiders to keep the debris out of it though. mine is mounted like day trippers.

have the 20 plate .. single pass and you are at or colder than pitching temps.

i usually run my wort through my pump and dump back into the kettle using a mesh hop spider to get any trub or hops material out of the wort before i run through the chiller.. also i backflush with the hose after each use and make sure to clean with pbw and water rinse after each use.

Latest posts

Back